Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Ford diesel trucks. The 5th wheel RV we have doesn't match up well with the tall ride height of the very tail of the F-350 dually I bought. With the trailer load on the 5th wheel hitch, the back end of the bed still points up some and I'm not sure if we'll have a clearance problem when turning off a road or going over a berm.

Are there half height lift blocks that I could replaced the OEM ones with? The truck is listed as having the off-road package which I assume includes the lift blocks. Or...were they standard on all the dually models?

I can flop the springs on the trailer axles, but that would really crank the height of the trailer up, making it less stable, and looking stupid with huge tire gaps in the fender wells.

Reading in the FSM that I borrowed from a buddy, the lift blocks are definitely listed as 4x4 only.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The 350's have 4" blocks, swap them out for some 2" blocks from a 250. You should also replace the U bolts at the same time.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will want to keep the blocks I have in case I need to reinstall them. Do any ofmyou know the specific model and year trucks that have blocks and unbolts that will work with my truck?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before calling the wrecking yard, I measured the blocks on my truck and they are already the 2" variant. Curious of someone else swapped them out at some point. The truck is 4WD.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
You could just remove the blocks, but you might need to shim the carrier. My 95 is without rear blocks, sits perfectly level but it looks too low for a a truck. Every time I hitch up my gooseneck, I think about removing the blocks from my 00 or putting a 2" spacer under the trailer axles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts