Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope all is well. I need a new bracket and I am out of options as to where to find it. The bracket I am talking about is the one that the alternator mounts on top of and the power steering pump mounts to it as well. The power steering pump end of the bracket broke in two pieces.

I have tried countless junkyards and if they happen to have a 7.3, the engine has already been pulled. I have a buddy that is connected and works at a Ford dealership and he says there are none in stock nationwide and Ford doesnt even make the part. I am not sure what else to do. I have tried JC whitney, Rock auto none have the part. Would JB Weld work to hold the two broken pieces? If not I guess I will have to find a fabricator and have them build me a bracket. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
are you close to branford ct? bring it ill weld it up...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I think you should call the dealer... My local dealer's parts page lists it, but says to call. I'm sure they can get it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zaireman- I will try and call the local dealer I guess but like I said my good friend works in a Ford Dealership as a parts manager and he says there are no brackets nationwide and Ford does not make the bracket anymore.

Goodyfab7.3- Thanks so much for the offer and I would take it up in a second. The only problem is we could not be further from one another continentally speaking. I'm up in the mountains of Big Bear Lake, CA....

Thanks guys for the insight.

·
Govy Magnet
714 Posts
Holy Cow Big Bear! I know you will more than likely find a solution within a month, but if not, I will be back in the states at the end of next month, and I can for sure weld it on up. I'm out of 29 so thats not too bad! If you can't get anything done by then...well please do not hesitate to contact me! I will get it welded up in a jiffy...and if need be a new bracket made.

~Phil

·
Govy Magnet
714 Posts
Did you try FordParts.com? I hav eboth my trucks in there and it is an awesome site for the off the wall gear that needs replacing eventually! :icon_ford: Not sure how competitive the pricing is, but it seems good so far.

~Phil

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Phil thanks for the offer on the welding. 29 is not bad at all I am always going through Yucca since I do alot of work out in the desert. If it's not fixed by the time you get back I will definitely take you up on your offer. I will try out Fordparts.com too to see if I have any luck. Thanks again Phil.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Did you try FordParts.com? I hav eboth my trucks in there and it is an awesome site for the off the wall gear that needs replacing eventually! :icon_ford: Not sure how competitive the pricing is, but it seems good so far.

~Phil
Hey Phil thanks for the offer on the welding. 29 is not bad at all I am always going through Yucca since I do alot of work out in the desert. If it's not fixed by the time you get back I will definitely take you up on your offer. I will try out Fordparts.com too to see if I have any luck. Thanks again Phil.
Fordparts is the website I was talking about... My local dealer has special pricing for me... :nod: List on the bracket is $91.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all of the pointers. Actally I found a guy to weld it for $50 so its fixed and running like a champ.

·
Registered
245 Posts
lemme know if you can't figure anything out. I think I may have 2 of them in the shop. I've never seen one break so I'm not worried about a spare.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Just look in the diesel forums for sale sections there are always people parting out a truck. The good junk yards can do a nation wide search and find it for you as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts