Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post on Powerstroke as I am thinking about purchasing my first diesel vehicle for me and my fiance. I locally found a 2000 E350 7.3 Cargo van for sale. It has a 2" lift with newer BFG At's on it and has had water pump, brake calipers, glow plugs and a few other things replaced on it, also has no rust. My main concern is the mileage is at 326k. I understand that's not super high but it will be the highest milage vehicle I've ever purchased. I was wondering what major repairs would come to mind when considering this purchase? And how many miles have you seen on these vans in the past? It's listed for just over $6k.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Everyone is going to say "it's just broken in". Chit parts fall apart and fail. Engine maybe rock solid but things around it ain't. Kinda like the 5.9 lol (love my dodges too).

I've seen 7.3 fail at 100k and I've seen them in the 500k - all depends who did the maintenance. That's a good deal but try for four. Just know that once you receive it, you'll pour another 6-10in it easy.

Just for example sakes. You buy it and find you have diesel in the coolant. O riNGS and cups need replacing. It's cheap to do yourself but labor is expensive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Machinist & Fabricator
676 Posts
I have a 98 E350,
purchased it for $2,000 with new tires.
you should bring a scanner to check the computer for pending and past codes thrown.
im going on 305k on the odo. runs perfect!
my 01 on the other hand has 180k and im going on the 3rd engine

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I have a 98 E350,
purchased it for $2,000 with new tires.
you should bring a scanner to check the computer for pending and past codes thrown.
im going on 305k on the odo. runs perfect!
my 01 on the other hand has 180k and im going on the 3rd engine

Third engine? Man what's happening ? Magically grenaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Machinist & Fabricator
676 Posts
Third engine? Man what's happening ? Magically grenaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the first one did,
the 2nd was the craptastic job I did at cobbling one together.
that has lost power. and has a fair amount of blow by
now im in the process of a full rebuild on #1 block.
gotta do it if I expect to drive it cross country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts