Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: My early 99 7.3 f350 has cracks in the turbo inlet pipe.

question: can I use the 2000 and up turbo inlet pipe or do I have to get the early99 one? I ask because the 2000 and up has a different bend to it.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
no if i remember correctly the intake manifolds are different.
the intake plenums on e 99 are smaller than later style.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
You talking exhaust right?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
i think he means the intake manifold (spider)
not the y collector for the exhaust? :confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
i was under the impression they are all different, the runners, the spider, the up pipes, the collector, the pedestal and the turbo... if anything is interchangeable it'd be news to me... but according to my ex-wife I'm wrong a lot...

·
Banned
5,630 Posts

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
We are needing a more clear explanation of what you need before we say yes/no.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are two tubes between turbo and air filter. Im talking about the one that is clamped down to turbo.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
The one going into turbo from the air filter, or the hard line aluminum line from IC/turbo??

·
Registered
139 Posts
if your talking about the two plastic pipes that attach from the air box, to the inlet of the turbo then yes you have to get one from an early 99 the pedistal on the 99.5-03 is taller and it won't mount up to the STOCK LOCATION, The inlet is the same size on the two turbos, and the line from the air box to the hard plastic line that feeds the turbo is rather pliable and flexible and if you are so inclined you can fabricate a bracket to make it fit... or sand down where it's cracked so you get a rough surface then jb weld it until you can source the proper intake... just remove it, one the outside of the tube take some 60 grit paper and sand approximately 1" around the crack clean it well and jb weld it... I had to do that for about a month until I could find a new one... it held just fine... call the local junk yards or try ford I hate the dealer here and give mine as little business as possible...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks. Its just i only need the one that bolts to turbo inlet but the 99.5 and later is cheaper then the early 99 which is what i need.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah it'll fit with some fiddling... I think if I blow this turbo up I might go to the 99.5 and up system... Everything is cheaper and easier to find... But sometimes it's kinda nice to know I have kind of an odd ball compared to everyone else... Good luck

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
riffraffdiesel says it will fit without having to do anything. There are 2 tubes, 1 clamps to turbo and 1 clamps to airbox. Well I got rid of my air box moons ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts