Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first time user. in my shop iv got this truck it came in cuz of rough idle and once it warmed up it started blowing white smoke and smelled like raw diesel. i went to pull codes on it and and my reader turns on but then says could not connect. i checked fuse number 3(20amp) with a test light and it has power and is not blown and sence the code reader is powering up the dlc has power. can anyone help me with this problem?

·
Registered
375 Posts
PCM gone bad? Got one you can swap to try it out?

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i dont. im trying to talk the boss into geting one. will replacing the pcm fix the white smoke and rough idle problem?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, it is the Powertrain Control Module. I was trying to address more of the issue connecting your scanner and I was thinking along the lines the issues are probably all connected. Is the truck chipped? If so, remove it and see what happens.

Rough idle could be the engine harness connection at the valve covers where it connects to the UVCH. They are notorious for coming loose and causing rough idle issues.

Good luck.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You checked under both valve covers in 55 minutes?? Wow.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Are you scanning for codes? If so, what are they if any?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry, just remebered the first post saying you could not get any codes.

If you checked all connections and you scanner does not work for whatever reason then we are just guessing.

I could be wrong but my mind keeps going back to PCM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts