Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Navy Beer Guzzler
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new pcm new icm new tps. truck still will only idle. dealership can find no codes no lights or nothing. this is my friends truck. I told him to try new cps. want to know what to tell him if this dont work. he just got new tranny could this cause problem. I know mine has gone into limp mode when i had tranny problems. but it would still go.he needs this truck back quick he is in rockdale texas and no good diesel mechs there i know of.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It starts and idles fine,,right??? so what is the exact problem??? isn't the motor reving up when you hit the fuel pedal or isn't the truck moving when you put it in gear???? Need more exact info please...

·
Navy Beer Guzzler
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah he has tried two throttle position sensors still dont work.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
idle validation switch. mine did this awhile back.on mine there is a metal tab that presses a small white button when its idling.when you hit the throttle the tab comes off of the switch and you hear a click and once its all the way up,the tps starts reading the voltage on the throttle.my tab some how got bent and wasnt pressing the switch all the way down.so i had no throttle until i went under there and clicked that button and then it would read throttle voltage,that is until i shut the truck off.once started it wouldnt read voltage any more.so i had to bend that tab farther in so when the pedal was at idle position,that button was pressed all the way.then when you hit the throttle that tab slowly comes off of the button and you hear a click and the tps starts reading voltage.i hope this makes sense,im not the best at explaining things.also mine is a 97,so im not 100% sure its the same as mine.goodluck though

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
also wanted to agree with 2005 that if the ivs switch is bad,the whole pedal assembly needs to be replaced.i dont know why they made it all one piece.:dunno:

·
Navy Beer Guzzler
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well tps or pedal was replaced twice. is this IVS under dash, hood where is it located.

·
Navy Beer Guzzler
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the truck is idling fine just no response to pedal. will find out what it does in gear.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
ivs is located right on the pedal.

·
Navy Beer Guzzler
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strike it up to the Ford house needs to train its mechanics. I love this truck but Ford needs to spend some money on training this just makes them look like crooks or stupid. I havent figured out which one yet.My friend spent 2800 dollars on this and a few minutes on here and problem solved his IVS was sticking thank you guys so much. This site is awesome needs to get some kickbacks from Ford

·
Registered
166 Posts
one day when i was routing my ipod cord and aux cord for my radio i got in my truck to move it and same thing i had no pedal response and none of my gauges worked, and if i remember correctly it turned out to be a 10 amp fuse in the fuse box under the dash.

idk if they checked that already but it could be it, seems really simple but could be the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have experienced this problem. It was something loose within the fuse and relay box under the dash, just forward of where your left knee would be, behind the lower plastic dash panel. Try wiggling each of the black relays, watching if the gauges come on. Find that, and your truck may be usable again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts