Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I am stuck in the menards parking lot... no WTS light and fuse #30 is blown. Unplugged fuel heater and wastegate solenoid (I think) still blows the fuse instantly when I turn the key on... what next?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Sure you unplugged the fuel heater on back of the bowl?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so... there was 2 plugs there and I unplugged them both just to be sure... it still blows the fuse instantly when turn the key on.. I also pulled the pcm and idm relays and it still blows the fuse

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wife got someone to sit with the kids and she is coming to get me... I guess I will look at it again tomorrow after work... but I am lost on where to start... can I pull codes from the computer if that fuse won't hold?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Something is shorted. Not sure what else it could be. Maybe the wiring harness but it's hard to tell.
You might can pull codes, idk.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
maybe you can pull the fuse and check continuity from there to ground. if it has it (likely) with the sensors unplugged, you will have to trace the harness.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... got it fixed, we resorted to the ohm meter and found a short to ground... it turned out that the wiring harness was rubbed thru and was shorting out on the drivers side valve cover ... a little black tape and she is back on the road :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
glad to hear!!! awesome!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts