Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck with oil in the valley. The whole underside was drowned in oil. I could actually see the oil running down right below the HPOP. It had a reman Pump on it already, and I could tell it wasn't fresh, but it wasn't older either. I decided to repair it. While I was there I put in a new HPOP, gaskets, New HPOP Lines, Resealed the Fuel Bowl, new orings on the hard fuel lines to heads. OF course, I prepped the surfaces and made sure they were clean prior to install. I am a stickler when it comes to repairs. I have replaced the HPOP and trying to resolve this oil leak, but it literally still leaks right below the HPOP. It isn't leaking from the anti drain plug either. I am wondering is my timing cover warped, or do I keep getting BAD HPOP's? Is this a common issue? I looked at the gasket used and it seems to be in great shape, no tearing or anything. I'm wondering if there is a spot Directly under the HPOP that could be leaking besides the timing cover ? Of course Under load, you can see it leaking pretty fast under the pump. The reservoir isn't leaking. What else could it be?

Here is a video Of the leak, and the Pump with Gasket I just took back off.

Attachments

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,378 Posts
Its possible that the front cover is leaking, but I think your best bet will be either oil dye or clean the area and run it for a few minutes and see if you can get a mirror under there to check. Going to be hard for us to help considering it was just put together. Also, I don't see a video lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve cleaned it up multiple times, and ran the truck. I haven’t ran oil dye, but I’ve used a scope, an iPhone, a mirror, all the above minus dye. Even dye is going to make it hard to see. You can’t tell by the location of the leak. It’s right between the gap of the timing cover and bottom of pump.
I’ve replaced several of these by never have I had this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts