Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im ridin at about 12 mpg and 0-60 in 8.1 vs. when i first installed my new evolution at 18 mpg and 0-60 in 6.1 5mpg and 2 whole seconds wtf? i have been goin through this for like 10k miles just replacing the obvious stuff air filter, (is an afe) fuel filter, (that gets replaced ever oil change at 5k) my exhaust is open i have 5 inch stacks with a 4 inch down pipe, still pushin 22 lbs of boost, cleaned the exhaust gas pressure sensor i believe that is the name (its the one that comes from the manifold and goes right above the fan) and no trouble codes someone please help im about to get a cylendar contribution test done to check my injectors and idm, but i had heard there isnt a way in testing the idm it only puts out a signal and not receives one that is what i heard SOMEONE PLEASE HELP:crazy:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GIVIN IT A BUMP

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PLEASE SOMEONE!!!:confused:

·
Administrator
9,390 Posts
the idm is tested with the buzz test , as far as low on power , it can be several things ,first get it on a scanner with someone that knows what to look for , see if its leaving any codes ,monitor data,check exhaust
back pressr valve for correct operation or just unplug it in front of pedestal 2 wire connector and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about...

Are your hubs unlocked? Have you changed your tires and are they properly inflated? Locked hubs and low tires drop my mpg by about 3 easily.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 mpg on a diesel no way and no they are not locked as for the exhaust back presure i cleaned it but i will try unplugging it and i have the edge evolution that reads and displays codes and no codes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the exhaust back pressure valve is the one by the thermostat housing correct with the tube that goes down to the passenger manifold?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
mines got kinda the same deal. a stock 7.3 has been kicking my butt in races.. and i have intake, 4inch exhuast, ww, and a custom chip... im thinking injector orings, just had a buzz test everything was within normal

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much will a buzz test cost?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
it depends... if you can find a diesel shop it would most likely be cheaper then ford, but anywhere from 50-150

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any other suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts