Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm not going to be using my X3 on my F250 for a few months, and i'd like to see what i can do with tuning my 2000 Expy with a 5.4. Would really like to give her a lil more umph, maybe some better MPG's, turn off the EGR, dissable the rear o2 sensor and firm up the shifts. Where would i find some tunes for it? :icon_ford:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
if it doesn't have any preloaded, Eric at innovative could write you one, you wont see much gain unless you get a tune that requires you to run high test fuel.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i wasnt sure if eric messed with gas motors. The biggest thing is i just would like the shift points a little firmer.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
The average gains on a 97-03 5.4 2v are 22rwhp and 20ft/lbs.

Contact Eric or any of our other custom tuning dealers and they will be able to create you a tune that you will enjoy. Shifting and Power wize.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
Im not gonna lie but my programmer really didnt do much on my 02 F150 with the 5.4..... Its nowhere near as noticeable as on the diesel, the truck is quick but has no oomph after like 50. When you stomp on the powerstroke after 50 you can GO, I never win my random highway passing races in the F150, especially the chevy trucks they blow me off the road...

LOL Btw I dont really race, I race up to the speed limit or a little above from a red light, the quick thrill is fun

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
no there wont be as much power added to a gas because its not direct injection nor is it turbo'd or supercharged..its not an apples to apples comparison for a tuned gas motor vs. a tuned diesel motor.

And just as it is with the diesel and SCT, you dont get the maximum power until you have a custom tune.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not looking for ballsy power. just really want to firm up the shifts a little and if it has a little more oomph then cool, if not oh well. The 5.4's were never drag race motors, but they sure do hold their own when it comes to longevity and towing for a gasser.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
It helped my truck shift better but I also know the 4rwhatever that transmission is is sloppy anyway. Whenever it wants power it shifts to like 2nd gear and its just very abrupt and unfriendly. My truck has always been that way, the 4R100 is much nicer imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts