Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2008 6.4 which I have had a kit installed which delivers up to 20mpg at 60mph. I had the DPF kit installed which has the sensors to prevent stalling and regeneration. Great performance.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Stupid emisisons. Glad to hear someone isn't hurting due to mr gore.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where is the kit from, Ford or aftermarket ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey, on these DPF kits for the new 6.4 Powerstroke, I couldn't find it on the website, but I emailed turbochargers.com and here is their reply (9-25-08).

Bob,

Yes we have a kit for the Powerstroke. It includes our DPF delete pipe, SCT Livewire Programmer, and the Livewire Off-Road calibration which we did extensive testing for SCT. This will eliminate the regen and bring the fuel economy and power up.

We sell the kit for $1500, but can do package deals if you have multiple trucks.

We don't have a kit for the Dodge as of this writing, but we're in pre-production on the Chevrolet kit. Pricing has yet to be determined, but if you really need one, I think we could work something out.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks! Sean

I checked on this cause a newer truck is probably in my future, but can't stand the fact the mileage is down due to the DPF's. I wonder how far increasing the mileage without the DPF goes towards being good for the environment in comparison to with the DPF and lower mileage.......the DPF's seem like a joke - like the greens are shooting themselves in the foot (cleaner emissions but more fuel burned).....of course nobody ever accused them of being smart.

Many probably know all this, but Spartan Diesel has DPF delete kits also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts