Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took the plunge finally and got my SCT with innovative tunes! and let me say WOW i cannot believe it my buddies all have edge tuners and i have to say the innovative tunes are much better. i have to thank ted and eric for there help and customer service, i talked to ted over the phone and he explained everything to me that i wanted to know and eric for writing some amazing tunes in a very timely manner. thanks again guys. i got a couple of questions though, i got the economy tune, tow haul with exhaust brake, and extreme street, im currently runnin the extreme street and love it but is it alright to run this tune as a daily driver??? i understand you have to be wise about it and keep an eye on the gauges but how many of yall are running this tunes most of the time??? another question is will i get better mileage out of the economy tune?? and lastly the tow haul mode, i noticed the exhaust brake dont really work that great without load and works better with the tow haul button engaged, is this normal, im sure it is but i had to ask, i figure it will act better with a load against it at highway speeds. thanks again guys.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Yup Innovative are a great bunch of guys to deal with.

Glad to hear you like. Its crazy how much these out trucks are under powered from the factory.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I run Extreme st all day almost every day:thumb: Thats not a problem. Oh and on the tow with brake tune. Thats exactly how its supposed to work

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had a similar positive experience with Innovative. I run extreme street every day. My tires hate me.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
I run x race as my daily so you should be fine with x street.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have ran there x-street tune everyday for 30,000 miles with no problems. They make awsome tunes.... very strong and very smooth shifting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have ran there x-street tune everyday for 30,000 miles with no problems. They make awsome tunes.... very strong and very smooth shifting.
I also run the x-street - and I was wondering - Did you increase the shift pressures or just load the tune without adjusting the shift pressures? - I could call - but i figured id ask first - thanks....

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
You can adjust them to your liking. But they should be good the way Eric sets em up. Do not however mess with the WOT shifting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts