Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my buddie with a Duramx has stated running 2 stroke oil in his fuel tank. Has anyone heard of this or done it? He said the main reason is to lube injectors and other such componants that do not get oil. He said it also helps with noise, and mpg's. Just thought i would put this out there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have been using 1oz. per gallon for some time.....seems to quiet things down with the added lubricity.....Fred

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ok, my buddie with a Duramx has stated running 2 stroke oil in his fuel tank. Has anyone heard of this or done it? He said the main reason is to lube injectors and other such componants that do not get oil. He said it also helps with noise, and mpg's. Just thought i would put this out there.
Use the search function and you will find alot of information about this.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
it no big deal. welcome and search has become my best friend.....also it is bad cause I just keep finding cool stuff the I want to do. :doh:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I run 1oz per gal in my diesel tank. truck like its. no change in MPGs just do it for the lube.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
any certain type/brand? or just any ole 2 stroke oil? do you do this every time you put fuel in?
most people buy the walmart supertech. TCW3 in the gallon.. :) 11 bucks!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
i went lookin for this the other day, i didnt see where it says ashless or not
??

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I wouldn't do this. It worked well in the OBS trucks, that and ATF but not in gthe SD. Our injectors are totally different animals with much tighter tollerances. I know many run it without any problems, that they are aware of. I have read of to many injectors going belly up after using these additives for awhile. YMMV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts