Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 f350 6.0 4X4 regular cab long bed. i like the looks of the aussie cut stacks. but my truck LOOKS small and i wasnt sure if i had 2 5 inch aussie stacks would make it look like too much for the truck.

my silverline exhaust is rusted due to snow plowing(salt) so i am in the market for new exhaust. i have came down to these three options and all opinions are needed. (i dont want my truck to look bad:dunno:)

1-dual 5 inch aussie stacks
2-single 6 inch mitre stack
3-5 inch single side exit straight pipe

also, i was getting ready to buy the sct livewire, i liked how it has all the gauges on the screen because i dont have gauges as of now. so is this a wise upgrade with a stock truck that only has straight pipe? or is there parts that i should upgrade before a tuner?

here is a picture just to see what my truck looks like. sorry about my motorcycle in the way, its the best picture i have

thanks to all, for your help

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Single 7" Mitre, and I wouldn't get a LiveWire, the screens on them suck, they look pretty cheap as well IMO. I would go with a SCT X3 or X2 and an Edge Insight.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ive got a 04 red sclb 5" out the back sounds great

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just trying to knock out two birds with one stone. Gauges and tuner

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I was just trying to knock out two birds with one stone. Gauges and tuner
You could go with the Spartan Phalanx, SCT TSX, or even the Edge Evolution CTS or CS custom tuned by Bill at PHP. But I would stick with SCT For the tuning since you have so many options. If you go with the PHP Edge or the Spartan Phalanx you are limited to only one person's tunes.

Honestly, I think you would be disappointed with the LiveWire.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Thanks for the info. I will prolly buy the x3 and gauges then

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what should i buy, im getting my exhaust first (sound is EVERYTHING) dual aussies, single mitre or a regular side exit I NEED OPINIONS:dunno:

so far there is one vote for single stack and one vote for regular side exit

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
It depends on if you like to talk in the cab or not. LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have had a 7.3 with a side pipe, 6.0 with regular exiting exhaust, and a single miter cut stack. From my experience:

1. Side pipes are just badass, especially on diesels. You will get some cab noise, but honestly, on my 7.3, exhaust note wasnt the problem, it was ENGINE NOISE!!! (i know were all 6.0 boys, just sharing) As an added bonus, with a side pipe, you can roal coal on just about anything that makes you angry :thumb:

2. Single stacks are probably my favorite. It is what i run on my truck, and theres just something about that "racy, peppy, god damn this things badass" vibe that it puts off, wouldnt trade it for anything. The look you get from a single stack is just uncanny, it says "hey, ill leave you in the dust, and pull you home when you break down". On a down side, the cab noise, especially in a single cab, will be alot. Not so much while cruising, but at WOT, especially if you have a sliding rear window and it happens to be open, HOLD YOUR EARS!!!

3. Dual aussies, i think on a reg cab such as yours they will look to big. Maybe not, but i think you need a dually and at least an extended cab to pull them off. Just my opinion.

I hope this helps a little, and by the way my vote is for the single miter cut!!!!!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
i see you said you plow snow. I think a stack would get old plowing snow fast but may just be me. You could look into stainless steel exhaust that would last a bit longer than normal

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ahh good catch, forgot about that, yes if you plow alot, (having a stack I can say this), more than likely it will get old fast. I have a row of seats between my stack and I and I wouldn't wanna do that. And also yes stainless would fit your application better, you'll pay more but in your case it's worth it

·
Registered
36 Posts
I say out the side I love my mbrp 5'' turbo back

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im liking all the opinions. see i think the two 5 inch aussie would look too big my self. im just trying to get as much info as i can. im 18 and work very hard for my money and dont want to throw it away. i love the look of the one stack mitre. but friends and my dad likes the two. i plow with the 2010 6.4 now because my dad dont trust the employees with the new truck so he sacrifices mine so i wouldnt have to deal with the noise, but hey the 6.4 are really nice but they suck on the exhaust note, sound terrible with the dpf on there.

which is louder in cab the dual aussies or single mitre?

here are some pics after washing her today
(p.s. i know my truck looks like it has gasser exhaust, its what silverline sold back when the truck was bought lol :doh:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts