Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing 2" or 3" lift on my 08 FX4. Any suggestions on brand or type? Does to matter with such a small lift, are they all about the same? Will I need to replace the stock shocks with the use of blocks or spacers? Should I just get a level kit for the front and try to find someone with factory F350 srw blocks/u-bolts for sale (would this give me 2" in the rear)? What about ReadyLift, anyone have good or bad about this company?

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
If all you want to do is level your truck you shouldn't need new rear blocks...unless its level now if so yes just get higher blocks.

Best ridding kit period is a Icon. Its not a cheap spacer lift its a complete kit with new springs and gives 2.5" of lift. They address the alignment problems that you would get from most kits out by providing new alignment cams..

You need new shocks which are included and a adj. track bar must be ordered and used to recenter the axel..any lift will require one!

You may want a dual sterring stablizer as these trucks are prone to wobble.

Cary

·
Registered
808 Posts
If all you want to do is level your truck you shouldn't need new rear blocks...unless its level now if so yes just get higher blocks.

Best ridding kit period is a Icon. Its not a cheap spacer lift its a complete kit with new springs and gives 2.5" of lift. They address the alignment problems that you would get from most kits out by providing new alignment cams..

You need new shocks which are included and a adj. track bar must be ordered and used to recenter the axel..any lift will require one!

You may want a dual sterring stablizer as these trucks are prone to wobble.

Cary
Where do i find this icon lift kit??

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Truck Toyz website has everything you will need.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if you don't plan on running larger tires later on then a 2.5 leveling kit is your best bet. like everyone else says icon is definately the best, i wish i would have waited and bought one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts