Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently picked up a 99 powerstroke, reg cab 4x4 6 speed, bone stock. I am going to do the diy filter mod, and pick up some gauges before i do anything else. Should I get 2 or 3 gauges? I want pyro and boost, but should I get another one or is that good enough? If I should get another one, what is the best 3rd gauge to get for a 6 speed. I want to mod this truck a decent amount eventually, but first it would probably be intake exhaust, minor tunes for a while. Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw, I have been searching and reading threads about gauges, and decided i want the isspro ev2 gauges to match my stock stuff and I hear that they are very good gauges.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My buddy swears by EV2s, I like the look of the EV1s. They're both extremely accurate. Some people prefer the digital look. It's completely your call. You'll get a pretty even digital vs analog collection on here.

I do recommend you get a Tranny Temp gauge. It's important to know. Pyro and boost are solid, but you should opt for the third and know your tranny is operating at the right temp. Last thing you'd wanna do is toast a tranny by putting to much power to it.

·
Super Moderator
19,759 Posts
But...^^^...he's got a 6-speed.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Fuel pressure.

Nothing will leave you on the side of the road quicker, with no idea what it is... Other then fuel pressure.

EV-2's with the built in warning lights!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
You will love the Isspro EV2s. Im not a fan of the bright neon gauges most people install. A stock look is a clean look.

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
i agree with the fuel pressure or you can do hpop pressure or even better a scan gauge

·
Registered
298 Posts
How high should the hpop pressure gauge be? Does glowshift have one in the 7color tinted series?

·
Registered
475 Posts
If you're looking to save a few pennies, go with the 2 gauge pod. Otherwise get a 3 gauge unit and fill the 3rd spot with a fuel pressure or engine oil temp gauge.

If I had to do it over again, I'd put a quad pod in with oil temp...

I still want to put a fuel press gauge on the steering column or under the dash.

Now if you're going to be towing a lot of miles with a heavy load, I'd put a trans temp gauge in, even with a manual.

·
Registered
130 Posts
trans temp!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
So I recently picked up a 99 powerstroke, reg cab 4x4 6 speed, bone stock. I am going to do the diy filter mod, and pick up some gauges before i do anything else. Should I get 2 or 3 gauges? I want pyro and boost, but should I get another one or is that good enough? If I should get another one, what is the best 3rd gauge to get for a 6 speed. I want to mod this truck a decent amount eventually, but first it would probably be intake exhaust, minor tunes for a while. Thanks in advance,
Dan
Most of our customers with manual transmissions only do the Pyro and boost. Get something you can add to later easily if you want more later.

I suggest our INFINITY-dx for its unique design. You get high speed data logging, diagnostics, gauges and programming capability all in one unit. This takes the place of having so many products to tote around and all future updates are done over the internet.

In Vehicle Pic

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow thanks for all the responses! Didnt get an email notification until now and did realize it blew up like this haha. So whats the best place to pick some of these bad boys up? Are there other cool mounting locations besides the A pillar if i decide to get more down the road?

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
there is also a single column pod. and there was a thread where someone took two single pods and made a custom dual column pod

·
Registered
248 Posts
There's some gauge clusters that fit over your rearview, where your cubby is, above your A/C vents. Hell you can get creative with a little fiberglass if you dare

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's some gauge clusters that fit over your rearview, where your cubby is, above your A/C vents. Hell you can get creative with a little fiberglass if you dare
Now thats pretty neat, I still have not made up my mind yet, but i could put some more up there later on whatever i decide because i dont really see myself using that space. Anyone have these, is it hard to see in that location?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Now thats pretty neat, I still have not made up my mind yet, but i could put some more up there later on whatever i decide because i dont really see myself using that space. Anyone have these, is it hard to see in that location?
I'm in the same boat about to do gauges but I think above the rear view would be to hard to look at allot I keep a close eye on all my gauges

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
67 Posts
The 650 dash mod is a great option for 2 gauges.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts