Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I have been on here a wile but can't find anyone who has had the problem I have .

(1) first I have a oil leak that I thought might have been a rear main seal leak but looks like the leak is higher than that, I have a 1997 7.3 with the 5 speed. Any ideas where I should look next?

(2)I have put in a electric fuel pump system from B @ D performance has been working great for a year now but now I'm smelling fuel in the engine area and see some drips on the ground every time I shut off the truck, but the drips have both the oil leak and fuel leak in it any one can give me some help?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Look in the valley for the leaks. There is a drain hole in the back passenger side of the motor that lets fluid leaks in the valley drain down the back of the block.

·
Registered
111 Posts
sounds like it COULD be leaking fuel and oil,,, don't they all, sooner or later?

As I see it - the bright side is coolant and trans liquids are staying where they are suppose to.

I say pedestal, but I'm an optimist.

Could be time for new O-rings,,,
you mention e-fuel,, if installer used cheap O-rings - the bill may have just arrived. Cheapies tend to give up after a few months.

To be more helpful, I'd need more info. or a better crystal ball......

·
Registered
15 Posts
My '96 has a vacuum switch on the fuel filter that goes bad once and a while. I drips fuel when it starts to leak. It is on the upper right side when facing the engine. Only a single wire connects it. Many people will tell you there is not one but the dealer can find it and order one if yours is leaking.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My '96 has a vacuum switch on the fuel filter that goes bad once and a while. I drips fuel when it starts to leak. It is on the upper right side when facing the engine. Only a single wire connects it. Many people will tell you there is not one but the dealer can find it and order one if yours is leaking.
What? Vacuum switch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts