Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does it mean when 2 of your injectors read -114 or so? i had mine checked today by a shop to see what my smoking issue is and i was told #6 injector was throwing a code but when read on the graph both #6 and 8 injector both read -114 or something like that?? .... not sure what that means? hoping yall could tell me? and is it wise to look for a wiring problem since both injectors side by side are reading bad or FICM problem? or could it just be both bad injectors any and all info is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
No idea what those numbers mean. Tell us whats going on with your truck.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Without knowing the scale of the graph those numbers mean nothing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea what those numbers mean. Tell us whats going on with your truck.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
ok sorry i should have told you before.. it smokes heavy blueish white smoke that smells like raw fuel at idle and shakes and misses a bit but once you take off or floor it it puffs a cloud of black smoke and takes off .. after you drive it for a bit the smoke kinda goes away once you come back to idle but still shakes.. i had my truck scanned with a snap-on SOLUS scanner to run an injector pulse test and the -114 was on the injector pulse test graph for both injector #6 and 8 was lingering right around -110 to -114 also but the caodes on say #6 is bad.. does this help any?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok so i checked my electrodes on my FICM. and starting from driver side going towards passengers the voltages are as fallows ....
Key on engine off
#1 47v
#2 12v
#3 0v
#4 0v
engine running
#1 47v
#2 13v
#3 0v
#4 0v
what can i do? I thought if it had no voltage to one or more electrodes it wouldn't run?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never seen anyone test the other posts?
FICM testing procedure - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

but you have 47 volts while it's running and have issues so I think the FICM is fine
ok i see now i misunderstood when i watched the videos on youtube on how to test it but i see now ... so my FICM is good im guessing? so i guess im sticking with replacing the #6 and 8 injectors... am i correct that they are bout the rear 2 on the drivers side?

·
Registered
673 Posts
That -114 is probably on the cylinder contribution test on a snap-on scanner. Essentially those cylinders aren't firing at all. A mild misfire will be around -35 and the cylinders should all read 0. I would say those injectors went out completely, are unplugged/harness problems, or you have an issue on those cylinders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts