Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a family SUV, I don't want to go too high on the lift, just a bit higher than stock.

Does anyone have pics of theirs lifted 2" ? Also, what is the biggest / widest tires I can put on this with the lift ? Thanks in advance.

LM

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Not an excursion but this is my '04 with leveling springs running 295/75r16 (33x11.5x16)
My short girlfriend didn't have too much trouble with it, not like she does since swapping over to the 4" lift

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,558 Posts
I'll cut you some slack on this, but 2" of lift and big wide tires on a 2wd.... come on man....
@[email protected] do the Xcode leafs help with 2wd?

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I'll cut you some slack on this, but 2" of lift and big wide tires on a 2wd.... come on man....

@[email protected] do the Xcode leafs help with 2wd?
We had a customer with an 8" lift on a 2WD F350 ('02) kinda silly but most of the lifted trucks around here are pavement queens anyway
Nothin wrong with lifting a 2WD if you're not into the pavement scraper look

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
do the Xcode leafs help with 2wd?
No they have coils up front

2" on a 2wd is nothing, I'm at a 5" or 6" lift on a 4x4 and I'm the same height as the stock Fx4 trucks. Total height is about 7ft and my sister has no problem getting in.

·
Administrator
21,558 Posts
Thats what I'm saying!

Oh, coils upfront? Throw a leveling puck in there and ride on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well he doesn’t want our advice so :dunno:
My question was regarding putting on larger aftermarket tires and slightly lifted to fit those tires. I wasn't looking for your advice whether to lift it or not.

I appreciate all the answers that pertain to my original question. I will look into the recommended vendors and tire sizes. Thank you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2.5" leveling kit in the front and I swapped the factory 2" rear block for a 3" block on my 2004 Ex. I have 33" tires and I do get fender rub at full lock both ways.

My wheels are 20x10 with a -24mm offset so take that into consideration for the rub

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 2.5" leveling kit in the front and I swapped the factory 2" rear block for a 3" block on my 2004 Ex. I have 33" tires and I do get fender rub at full lock both ways.

My wheels are 20x10 with a -24mm offset so take that into consideration for the rub
Would you happen to have the source where you got the lift kit? Been looking places and can only find 1.5" and 2" . Also, can you post a pic of your ride?

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
Would you happen to have the source where you got the lift kit? Been looking places and can only find 1.5" and 2" . Also, can you post a pic of your ride?
The 99-04s are being phased out with a lot of aftermarket suspension companies so calling will reveal more options stuck in their warehouses.

revtek
zone
bds
rough country
superlift
procomp
old man emu
tough country/rancho
skyjacker

check them out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My local diesel shop did it so maybe it is only 2" :dunno:

They also swapped my rear sock 2" block with an OEM 3" block

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 05 ex is going in the shop tomorrow to have a 2in Rough Country leveling kit installed. We had to buy it straight from the factory because all the local 4x4 shop's were having trouble finding it in their computer system. Will upload pictures when I get it back. I'm running stock wheels and tires now but the plan is to run 33x12.5R18 on Rockstar 18x9 wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is after installing the Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit on factory wheels and tires. Measuring off the front recovery eyes in the bumper it went from 22" to 25.5". I will finish off the year with a set of 33 tires and then start next year by doing the F250 pickup rear spring swap.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts