Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my buddy went to the beach for a week, my truck sat from sunday-friday night without being started the whole time, his truck (02 f350 dually) sat the same amount of time.

We got back, his truck wouldnt even turn over, one battery was low so we replaced both, and today, it was dead again. He replaced his alternator just 2 months ago. Now my truck on the other hand barely started. it sounded like it didnt want to turn over, then it finally did. And now, every time i start it up, it acts like it dont want to but then it does. Had my batteries tested, they are fine.

Mine has sat for a week just like that before and it started with no issues, why would it do this now?

Anyone know what might be the problem on either truck?

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yea, just replaced both batteries and the dually runs fine now, i think my alternator isnt charging all the way

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
You know how it is when you don't move your truck for a week, one of them UFO's came over and sucked the power right out of them batteries. They do it every time. LOL

·
Johnny Law Brown
366 Posts
Get batts tested then ur alt tested and if all else fails do a parasitic drain test, cause you may have a draw on a circuit casuing your issue

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeaaaaaaaaaa im going with the UFO idea

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
both problems solved

his alternator was going bad, replaced for free
i had a low battery, replaced both of them