Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I have been looking into this option and have a couple of ideas... but it will be a while before anything gets made or tested.

I was thinking about making a custom 63.5x94 comp with .72ar and mating it with a 74x70gt40 turbine to see how it does for the 2.5 stock class.

But with dyno and sled competitions I feel that he non vgt route will always be the way to go. The non vgt will flow more air up top. You won't have worry about the quick spooling vgt

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
What are the turbine specs on the stock powermax compared to the GT40?
powermax = 63.5x88 comp, 72.5x66 turbine

there are a couple of gt40 turbines... but mine measure 74x70

my comp will measure 63.5 x 94 with extended tips

I probably should not even be posting this up here because it will be a little while until i can offer anything to the public

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Im not one to throw numbers around because someone will disagree but realisticly imo 550 would be on the way high end with 2.5 vgt unless charlie built somthing like explained above. A non vgt closer to six hundred. This all depending on the injector size and maintaining icp.
^^^^ im with him

I believe a heavily modified truck 2.5 turbo should hit 550-600hp but it will be very smokey and hot.

Bryan (Tuscany) hit 550hp on an MTW stage 1 turbo with 175/75, a ficm tune, 6.4 ported intake manfiold, air intake, and a good tune. Now that is not the average but it is possible to get up that high

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I think there would be a market.
Hopefully... I was talking with Jesse Warren and he also thinks there would be a market for something like that...

I am looking into designing the wheels here soon

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I believe one of the biggest reasons that we have a hard time competing is the lack of time, research, and money that has been put into the 6.0 powerstroke.

A lot of people wrote off the 6.0 years ago and quite researching and developing new parts for it. A ton of money went into the cummins and duramax because they could hit 500hp easier... and it the 6.0 was had a ton of reliability issues

but IMO it takes almost the same amount of money to hit 600hp on a 6.0 as it does on a dmax. The dmax has a slight edge with common rail and supposedly better flowing heads (not much actual data). It also has a slight edge with displacement.

But the common rail can only go so far before they have to add nozzles...
We could theoretically have an edge because we can have higher injection pressure than they can.

They are also limited to basically the same turbo as us... but people have put more time and money into the dmax turbos over the years... before recently we basically just had the powermax turbo

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I have heard good things about the fleece chargers... But I would like to know what kind of turbine they are using before you buy the same thing as a powermax or mtw stage 1 for twice the price.

Also did anyone else notice that it states the MAX HP as 650hp??? what does that even mean? Does it mean that with 500/150 injectors and two stages of nitrous that it can hit 650hp??? or does it mean that it blows up at 651hp :hehe:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.