Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you all, I realize most of you have had diesels for many years but this is my first and I wasn't sure what would happen the first time I towed my 35 ft camper (which I used to tow with a 150) with my "new" '99' F-350 CC Dually. Ummmm, it was frigging awesome as it just chugg a lugged down the road. I used the cruise control at 65. :nod: NEVER would have even tried that with the 150. Lane changes were crisp and sure. She just was an awesome beast. At one point I was at a light and I took my foot of the brake ( used to do that with the 150 ) and the truck started to ROLL!! :icon_ford::woot: I thought: "Holy crap truck! Don't you know there is 11,000 pounds of trailer behind you?!?!?" :hehe::hehe::hehe: I could NOT be happier or more impressed. Oh yeah, toasted a Dodge yesterday. :icon_ford::thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
nice...glad to see you love the truck...its amazing the difference you feel with a diesel huh?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know that great feeling you are having. I just stepped up from an F150 last August. One of our annual trips that I have made for year that includes a very overload slide in camper to go to the giant Hershey car show and flea market in PA. All previous trucks required down shifting to make it up several of the hills (back East we cal them mountains but I will not insult those of you that live out West) at a reduced speed. The F250 stayed in cruise and overdrive. Also got about 5mpg better than the previous year in the F150.

Jeb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts