Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I have never taken my truck off road, but today was different. My wifes Grandpa is 90 years old and still farms. Every once in a while he likes to get in his tractor, drive around and check out the property and check on his cattle. We got a call today from my wifes mom saying she couldn't get a hold of her dad. So we went over to check on him and make sure he was okay. Found out that he just got his 2 wheel drive tractor stuck.:woohoo:Made it most of the way through 4x4 tractor ruts, but got stuck by a pond. (Didn't feel like taking a bath!) All of this with plain street tires. Needless to say, my father in law had to pull me out with a 4x4 John Deere. :( So here are some pics of my truck after it was pulled out. Didn't have the camera with me to get pics while stuck. Gotta a long job ahead of me tomorrow. Sorry for the long post, just had to share.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Man, when that dries, you might have to break out a chisel!! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
nice, glad it was just lack of communication and nothing else. gotta by some A/Ts now

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i have been throwing the idea of tossing my semi mudd terrians and getting a good A/T in one size bigger. I have always had A/Ts and I find them alot better, even off roading. plus I tow alot. and have to justify it as a work truck, haha

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Bet Grandpaw felt good pulling ya out with that Deere. Made his day I'm Sure!
NOW GET THAT RIG CLEANED BACK UP:lol2:

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bet Grandpaw felt good pulling ya out with that Deere. Made his day I'm Sure!
NOW GET THAT RIG CLEANED BACK UP:lol2:
He wasn't the 1 that pulled me out, but it was his tractor. At least it wasn't his chebby! I would have let it sit and got it out myself :hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
get some M/T's on there 4 those situations !!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You should of got out and aired down your tires you would of prob pulled yourself out ....that's what I do because ill be damned if I have to be pulled out....

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
^^^^ then you've never been REAL stuck,...I'm not saying you haven't been stuck,..just not REALLLL stuck....

Because if your way of thinking is even remotely right,...airing down would've gotten me outta this?....yeah...I don't think so....

Removing no amount of air would've gotten me outta this,...which was over 5' deep

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If you never air down them you'll never know what your truck can do you'll be suprised

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Absolutely True...

Airing down will help some, but making a bold statement like.."that's what I do because ill be damned if I have to be pulled out"....shows that you haven't TRULY experienced all forms of 4 wheeling.

Like I said...this isn't my first rodeo, I off-road more than most people...but even then...airing down can only do so much, because you also have to figure in terrain, "high centering", and different types of mud, sand, ETC ETC.

Even a guy,..like myself, that has lockers at both ends, can bite off more than he can chew,...because lockers are only good,...if you tires are actually still touching the ground....lol

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Well getting stuck happens to the best of us hahaha..... looked like a bunch of fun though

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Ohh yeah I made that comment about ill be damned if I have to be pulled out because I like to feel secure in what my truck can do and have the skill to get my truck out with out help because I don't want to get stuck somewhere and really don't have help around and not be able to get out. So I always try what I can first so I know what I can do and how to do it

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looked like fun, and if you have a tractor pull you out you know it was a good time.

Hows under the hood look?

·
Registered
20 Posts
He wasn't the 1 that pulled me out, but it was his tractor. At least it wasn't his chebby! I would have let it sit and got it out myself :hehe::hehe::hehe:
I would have pulled you out! :hehe: Well maybe not, I just washed and waxed my truck today. :thud: The Powerstroke does look good with some mud on it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts