Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do my first oil change on my 2000 f350. The po had his changed every 4k +- 200 miles. But when I asked him what he used he told me it was different stuff all the time :( . So I bought Valvolien Preminum Blue 15w40. Parnt no. VV70509. It says it exceeds API services CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4 and CF/SM. Is this a good oil for the 7.3? I also bought the Motorcraft FL1995 filter. I have always used Valvoline oil and Motorcraft filters on all my Fords and never had problems. When I had to pull one apart the inside was always clean. If I should be using something else please let me know. BTW this is dino oil. I don't care much for the syn stuff.

Thanks, The newb

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
865 Posts
My dad always uses motocraft oil and filter on his 7.3s and I do the same with my 6.0.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have always used the valvoline semi-synthetic oil and napa filter...
i havent had any problems with this setup

·
Registered
243 Posts
it'll probably be fine, I use delo 400 and a motocraft filter and it works for me, but once u find a oil u like I would stick with it!

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
That oil should be fine, use what you feel comfortable with. Rotella has always given me excellent UOA reports so that is what I stick with, that and WIX filters or the MC 1995.

NCH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts