Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Hope everyone is doing well. I've done some searching and found that there's 30 answers for 15 questions I have. So I figured I start a new thread.

I have a 1999 f350 7.3 6sp manual 4x4 crew cab dually with a build date of 10/98. 154k miles.

I live in CA and looking to update exhaust, and suspension.
Looking for recs for CA exhaust recs that will pass smog and give me ample cooling. Not sure if I have to have a cat?
Looking to level the truck too and possibly put airbags in the back.
I did have a cabover camper that I just sold so I dont have a 5th wheel or anything heavy.

Any other suggestions? I'm pretty new to the possibility of modifying the truck. I do have an AFE magna flow airbox/ filter.

Thank you all in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure about the air bags for sure, but almost all big rigs run air bags on there rear axles. I know of a couple people that also ran them on their 1 ton trucks for extra load leveling capability. To find out if you need a cat or not, look at your emissions sticker under your hood. At the bottom it will say catalyst on non catalyst. My early 99 says Catalyst. This truck says Non-Catalyst

·
Administrator
21,904 Posts

·
Vendor
12,930 Posts
Double check the tag to see if it's a catalyst truck for sure.

For a level kit, I'd look into replacing the front leaf springs due to age. X codes will bring it up around 2-3" depending on how saggy the fronts currently are. If you are going to haul anything heavy, airbags are a low cost fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts