Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell off hand if this is the early or late model? its a 1999 f250 powerstroke. ive read there is a symbol on the door or by the lights, but it must be removed. also, it looks like he put just a regular f250 logo on, dont they usually have a f250 super duty or something like that?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Look at the build sticker in the door sill

·
Registered
650 Posts
If the door tag shows a date under 12/98. Its an early. Post is late. But the last part change for it was 3/99.

You really cant go by door tags since mine is on the door. And I have the late intake.

9/98 is mine.
you must be special. mine was also built in 09/98, but mine is an early.....

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Mine is 5/98 but it has the late airbox

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine is a 1/98 real early, whats the better 99 to have? are there any advantages or disadvantages based on what month or year the 99 was built?:icon_ford:

·
Registered
457 Posts
A late 99 is like a 2000-2003. Early 99 has a smaller turbo.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Check the Early '99 sub forum... sticky at the top lists the diffrences from early to late '99 trucks... worth the time to read if you have a '99 truck...

·
Registered
1 Posts
just bought 1999 f250 everytime i touch the brake pedal it blows the fuze have turn signals changed brake switch can anyone help

·
Registered
141 Posts
As stated, 3/99 is the cut off from early to late. I have a March and it is mostly late... The track-bar is early...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts