Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I was just able to look at my 99 f350 4x4. I went to the store an when I came out, not start. It turned over but would not start. Towed home put new batterys on (the ones on it turned out to be bad). Still, just turned over but not start. Checked all fueses and they all are good. Went out today after 2 weeks (didn't have time til tonight) and there is a puddle of oil under her. Checked the hpop oil level and it was more than 3" low. I did notice there was some oil just behind the fuel filter ona the valley/motor. Could the orings be bad and can this be my reason for no start?

Any and all help would be great. Would like to fix on my own to save money but will take to shop if need be. I have 2 7.3 and both are my work horses and make me killer money pulling and I need this one up again fast.

Also, my BD exhaust brake stopes working on this truck about 2 months ago. Any ideas why? Truck has 240k on miles and has pulled really heavy loads it's whole life. Killer machine and would only drive these trucks.

Thanks again

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would start with the o-rings, if you are not getting oil pressure it will not run. Just my $.02. Anyway heres a :bump:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do this tomorrow. My Gage show no pressure when I crank her. Should it show pressure while cranking? Thanks again!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I dont think it will before it cranks, but maybe one of these other guys can help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts