Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am in need of some help!
I have a 1999 SD with 213,000 miles on it.
This has happened a few times now. When I first start the truck up everything is normal. After I drive for about 300 yards going about 25mph the RPM's start to drop, it does not respond to giving it more throttle, then the engine shuts off. No engine lights come. I have tried putting it in neutral to restart the engine while coasting but it just cranks and cranks. If I stop put the vehilse in park take the key out then try to start the engine it will start as long as I pump the gas peddle. Both times after this happens the truck runs perfect for the rest of the day. Also the last two time this has happened it was wet outside. I did already swap out my CPS.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello ryan, .
I have the same engine and the same problem, I read somewhere that it could be de speedsensor or de camsensor that`s getting wet at the plug.
but I am not certain yet I have not had the time to try it. if I know the solution I will let you know I hope you do the same.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I would like to know what you find. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello guys,
The problem was only happening when I had my wipers on. I traced it to either the wiper motor ground or the wiper motor. If I have the wipers on full speed it does not happen.
The other issue I was having was that I was low on oil.
I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You want to get one of the new dark blue CPS's, they come in an International Harvester box. I had this problem with the old grey style ones, must have went through a dozen of them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the same thing happens to me sometimes, i thought it was because i have my dust cover removed on my driver side wheel well, and water was splashing up in there....guess ill have my cps checked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts