Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a stock 97 injector will only take an additional 75 horsepower from a performance chip. Anything beyond this horsepower will not be felt in the truck. Does anyone know this for sure? Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not sure what the horsepower rating is but you are definitely limited by the injectors on the OBS. I made lots of changes to my truck that helped with the power but by far the biggest improvement so far has been injectors. All the other upgrades like exhaust and intake are pretty important before installing upgraded injectors.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
It's true, you will only see about 70 hp over stock. Other mods are needed to even get that, like intake and exhaust. Larger injectors should be the goal of every OBS owner looking for more power. Gauges, intake, and exhaust are also a must.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Max HP on a OBS stock injector truck will be around 225HP to the rear wheels. There are some late 96 and all 97 California emission trucks that have split shot injectors.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I never heard that it was 70hp, I thought it was even less than that. It's tough to get any real power from an OBS until you upgrade the squirters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts