Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, about a week ago I was driving about 65 mph when truck turned off on me and had to get her towed. I already had the ICP changed to fix a no start issue I had a week before. I've got no CEL, new batteries, new CPS from ford, and new fuel filter. Frankly I'm stuck on what to do. All the fuses check good, checked the HPOP and IPR on Torque App and they all read good. If anyone has anything, please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Check oil level. What's the fuel pressure while cranking? Wait-To-Start light coming on? Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil level is good, WTS light comes on, not sure on fuel pressure. Looking into getting a gauge, am I able to check it through an app or no?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
You can check fuel pressure at the shrader valve on the driver's side of the fuel filter bowl. You can use a cheap "stick" tire pressure gauge, but wrap the connection with a rag to avoid fuel spray. I use a 0-100 psi glycerin-filled gauge that screws on to the shrader valve. The glycerin dampens the pulses from the mechanical fuel pump. There is no monitoring of fuel pressure via an app. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
What are the tank levels and have you tried switching them? At our trucks' age, a lot of times the "shower head" pickups in the tanks disintegrate and cause no fuel at approximately 1/4 tank. The pieces can also cause blockage in the lines/transfer valve. It could also be the pump as well. Some folks will rig up a supply to the pump from a separate container to check out possible blockage. Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I added just about a full tank the other day and I did try switching between. No pressure on both. I'll look into the pump, would it be worth to go to efuel or just stay with mechanic pump/fuel bowl?

·
Registered
229 Posts
The quick fix is replace the mechanical pump. If you can afford a bit of down time e-fuel is the way to go. I did mine 3 years ago and it's the best mod on the truck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have never once seen a fuel pump on these trucks go out, I've seen them leak like very bad but the truck still ran, I'd refill the fuel bowl and try again, if you ran the one tank out of fuel it's going to take a bunch of cranking to get the fuel from the tank up to the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts