Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
New to this wonderful forum here. I currently have a 97 F250CC PS. It's got the wimppy ttbD50. I currently just took hold of a set of axles from a rolled 99 F250. My question is, Can the axles from the 99F250 both front and rear be swapped into my 97 F250? I did some measurements and seems as though the mounting points for the leafs springs are the same. Any info, or help is great appreciated thanks.

LoGan:)

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Some modification like said. And remember the bolt pattern is different, its 8-170mm

·
Tennessee Powerstrokes
2,830 Posts
HI,
New to this wonderful forum here. I currently have a 97 F250CC PS. It's got the wimppy ttbD50. I currently just took hold of a set of axles from a rolled 99 F250. My question is, Can the axles from the 99F250 both front and rear be swapped into my 97 F250? I did some measurements and seems as though the mounting points for the leafs springs are the same. Any info, or help is great appreciated thanks.

LoGan:)
Welcome to the Addiction um I mean Org! You can do anything you set your mind to my friend. The word can't is not allowed! Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
134 Posts
a straight axle from an 01 dually would not bolt right up to my 95, you wouldve had to move the shock perches, and custom make the sway bar brackets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a very old thread but it addresses what i'm trying to do. I have a 97 f-250 hd (OBS) and i want to bolt up a new solid front axle. my question is what is my best option and is there a write up on this anywhere?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes you can you will need some custom parts but if I can put '08 axles in my '97 those will be easy!
What does it cost to put 08 axles in a 96 F350 front and back?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
You gotta find a doner truck, new brake lines, u joint adapters. Carry can hook you up on what the doner truck don't have lol

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
The '05-10 axles and donnor parts can run up to $3000, all depends on the area your in sometimes 1/2 that price.

You need to deside tire size...to know lift height required..min is a 2.5" 4 link kit for Ford wheels and tires..34" and the best results.

We provide: modification of your Pitman arm if needed, Adj track bar and frame mount, 4 link arms, lift springs and shocks, conversion U joint, custom brake lines, rear blocks and U bolts. And the expertise needed

You need '05 up donor axles, rear springs, steering linkage, frame radius arm and coil brackets, Nuts and bolts, DS's if same donner truck cab and bed length. Wheels and tires also.

Higher lifts up to 8+" are available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts