Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I purchased a 1997 CCLB F-350 Automatic with the E4OD about 3 weeks ago... It came with an Edge Evolution Insight CS tuner, but I didn't like the tuner, so I purchased a TS- 6 position chip... I installed the chip, and it worked fine, for about a week... Now the truck WILL NOT START!
•I have checked all fuses & relays.
•I have disconnected the batteries, and removed the chip, and the truck will still not start!

Truck turns over, but will not start. CEL is on! WTS light does NOT come on anymore... Not getting any smoke from the exhaust... When the truck is cranking the Tach does move up to about 150-250ish and it bounces around a little...

Please help, I know nothing about this stuff, I'm an ASE certified Body Technician and Painter, but know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about mechanics...

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
You didn't check all the fuses then....you missed the 30 amp fuse under the dash that is blown....its blown because of your fuel heater shorting out. Its the plug that's on the bottom backside of the fuel bowl. Unplug it and replace the fuse....it will start right up.

If the wts light doesn't come on then the PCM isn't getting power and therefore won't let the truck run

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't check all the fuses then....you missed the 30 amp fuse under the dash that is blown....its blown because of your fuel heater shorting out. Its the plug that's on the bottom backside of the fuel bowl. Unplug it and replace the fuse....it will start right up.

If the wts light doesn't come on then the PCM isn't getting power and therefore won't let the truck run
WHERE IS THIS FUSE?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The fuse for the fuel heater is #22 (middle row, fuse closest to the engine) in the UnderHood fuse box. No underdash fuses provide power to the PCM. Also check fuse #9 (front row, 4th fuse from engine). Check them with a multimeter. Hopefully the PCM hasn't fried. Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have power going to 9 and 22, anything else??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts