Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to diesels and I just bought a 1997 7.3 supercab long bed heavy duty diesel. Right now I only have a K&N intake in it. I'm thinking about the mbrp 3" down pipe to 4" exhaust single exit with the 5" tip. And I am also hearing that the tony wildman chip is very well designed. Ok, now to the question...How do I get my truck to pour out the smoke??? The only time it smokes is when I cold start it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A chip will help out with the smoke but if you really want a lot you would have to get bigger injectors and some custom tuning.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh alright yea I was looking at stage 1 injectors but I'm worried about my tranny

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
heres what u need efore injectors an chip if u not got it already,intake you have,gauges pyro boost and tranny try raul or any of the other vendors they will hook you up exhaust and then a chip don't want to let that puppy get hot

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hey I'm new to diesels and I just bought a 1997 7.3 supercab long bed heavy duty diesel. Right now I only have a K&N intake in it. I'm thinking about the mbrp 3" down pipe to 4" exhaust single exit with the 5" tip. And I am also hearing that the tony wildman chip is very well designed. Ok, now to the question...How do I get my truck to pour out the smoke??? The only time it smokes is when I cold start it.
What kind of K&N intake do you have, maybe you should discard it and buy an open intake like TYMAR style, you can do it very cheap, and get better flow and no dirty to you turbo. :crazy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 96 I'm using an AFE intake system, Mbrp Exhaust, Auto meter gauges on the "A" Pilar, GTS intercooler pipe kit with a ford intercooler unit, and a Tony Wildman Chip.....His chip is the only way to go on the OBS trucks. Do the gauges first though, no sense in cooking the engine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the basic cold air intake. It's not a replacement filter, its the whole tubing and everything. My mechanic told me that a chip would fry my turbo tho for the 1994-1997 fords because it has small injectors and a small turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts