Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bead on a twin to my f150 that is a f350 with an IDi. How hard would it be to restroke? Should most of the other stuff still be inside. I have no idea y they put an IDI in this thing. But it is in good shape, and has my interest peaked.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW its a 1996 cclb srw with 5spd

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Are you sure its an idi? That sounds like a TERRIBLE idea to have swapped.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought. He sent pics, and its an idi. Its local, so I might go look at it anyways. And its Definitley a 96....the back doors are power windows.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
can't hurt to take a look at it. The swap shouldn't be too hard, just gotta find everything.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanting to resurrect this thing. It is a 96, with a 1991 idi. Idi runs great, but still wanting to swap in a psd. Truck itself is in great shape and since its a Florida truck, no rust. Engine harness is gone.....but my question is now, should all the dash stuff still be in there? Or do you think it was gutted for the IDI when it was put in? The guy that has it now didn't do the swap, he got it that way.

Also, as it sits....its a daily driver. I'll post a pic in a minute.

·
Registered
889 Posts
What transmission does it have in it currently?
For 2k, I'd say buy it. Even if you run out of steam on the swap it shouldnt be hard to get back out of it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZF5.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
889 Posts
Easy way to tell on the dash harness is look for an ODBII port on the passenger side under the dash. PSD will have one, IDI will not. My guess is the dash harness will be left over from the original harness, but I've been wrong before. My understanding is that the PSD harness will have everything for an IDI, plus some, so it only comes into play when swapping the other way.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, went and looked at it again yesterday afternoon. Has the obdII. Also, lots of harness hidden underneath hood by fuse box, nice and wrapped up. First time I looked at it, it was raining. Told the guy I'm gonna buy it, picking it up Tuesday. Has a brake issue, thinking vacuum pump or booster. Other than that I plan on puttin around with idi for a bit while I locate a psd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts