Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of upgrading to a new body style powerstroke. Here's what I have. It's a '96 F-250 7.3 w/ 290k miles, extended cab 4x4. Here is a list of what has been replaced last summer, less than 5k miles.

ball joints -upper/lower
tie rod ends
calipers/rotors/lines
Front Leaf springs-complete brand new w/ 4 wheel alignment
IDM Module
Glow plugs
Rear Fuel tank
Driver's door hinge
Axle seals
U-joints
Alternator
Dual Batteries
Mechanical lift fuel pump
Oil temp sensor
Exhaust gas temp sensor
Coolant temp sensor
3" downpipe
Cat delete
Cooper tires
tranny flush/service

Truck has rollover gooseneck hitch, brake controller, and spray in bedliner. Also has very nice Alpine stereo/IPOD hookup/ CD etc...
There are some spots around the wheel wells that are starting to rust. Also the tailgate has a spot in the corner. I'm not going to hide this is a used truck. W/ 290k miles obviously it has spent some time on the highway, but I feel that anything that CAN go wrong, has been dealt with. There has been alot of money put into this truck in the last 5k miles. I have driven it to the UP of Michigan, New York, and most recently Southern Ohio. At 70 mph I got 19.4 mpg. Truck cruises straight down the road just as smooth as could be.

Last fall I installed an 8' Fisher blade w/ a 1 yr. old motor. Also has upgraded Fishstick controller. I used this for 3 snows (about an hour worth of plowing.) Before this the truck never had a plow. You can verify this by looking at the bolts, they're new just like when I installed the mount. The plow is going w/ the truck.

Overall, great OBS w/ some character marks starting to show. No BS about it. Very mechanically solid and still what I would consider a good looking truck.

Price w/ plow is $7800. That is exactly what I have in the truck, not counting the $500 in sensors and the $200 in the lift pump. I would be willing to do a partial trade on a 2000-2002 F250/350 Crew lariat.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Nice looking OBS, good luck with the sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts