Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this pickup. Its a 1996 eclb f250 7.3 auto tranny. With 272 thousand miles on it.

Heres what it looked like when I bought it.

Interior.

The engine.

The only rust on the whole pickup.

How the steps where mounted...(loose by the way)

After I removed the steps...

After I bent the rockers back...I know its not perfect but its as good as I can do until I get the body work done. Im going to put something on it to prevent rust.

The bed before.

The bed after.

Cracks in the radiator support...Im going to have them welded some time. Maybe replace the radiator support eventually.

I also took the bug guard off the front but don't have pictures.

My plans are:
Intake
ts chip
3" dp into 4", no muffler
EGT, Boost, and tranny gauges.

Eventually:
stage 1 injectors
Intercooler

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Intake i would do a 6637 if on a budget, ts6pos tw or gearhead,exhaust sounds good as long as no cat, probably get a valvebody for the tranny, and stage 1s rosewood diy or stage 2s diy

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Looks good definatly get that core support welded up

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intake i would do a 6637 if on a budget, ts6pos tw or gearhead,exhaust sounds good as long as no cat, probably get a valvebody for the tranny, and stage 1s rosewood diy or stage 2s diy
I think im going to go through the vendor caryt, seems to have good prices.
Im on a little bit of a budget but not that bad of one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well since I haven't ordered any parts yet and Im going to get a new exhaust I decided it wouldnt matter if I cut this one up. So I cut the muffler off....
Now it dumps it behind the cab before the axle.
It didn't get any louder, but I can hear the turbo more now.
And if I sit there to long with it idling i start to smell fumes, but oh well Im going to get the new one soon.

·
Registered
568 Posts
More pictures please!!! Love build threads

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
mine dumps before the rear tire but it goes out the side and i never smell any fumes

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More pictures please!!! Love build threads
I will get more up soon, all ill have tho is a pic with out the bug shield and the cut off muffler.
but once I order my parts ill have more to post.

mine dumps before the rear tire but it goes out the side and i never smell any fumes
Nice, I think my problem is I dont have any kind of turn down at all. so its just going straight out, then floats up and forward.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
heres how mine looks. pic is from when i had my box off the truck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that looks pretty nice. I plan on going out the side behind the rear tire like stock when i get the new exhaust tho.
Do you have a build thread for yours?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nope just random pics here and there

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The turquise and white is my favorite color combo if i didnt buy the paint i hace now i woulda went with that and probsbly came out $500 cheaper lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts