Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 F-350 with 312,000 miles. I would like to build the engine a little bit(maybe 400HP to the rear wheels). Right now it is completely stock with a Edge 6 Position Tuner. It has cold starting problems which I assume the injectors are the culprit since I changed the glow plugs, IDM, and Cam Position Sensor. I am thinking of rebuilding the injectors, and I have an option to get a 160cc upgrade for free. Is this a good idea to do, or should I think about doing a overhaul before thinking about building any real horsepower?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Are the injectors 160/00, or 160/30 or? Also I would not rebuild them, turn yours in for a core and get some from a reputable shop like Riffraff diesel performance, or one of the vendors here like Corey from cncfab llc @[email protected]

Also the bigger injectors will put a hurt on the transmission and require custom tunes. Most people get a custom stock file, tow file, and either a performance or daily driver file so you will need to find a tuner to load custom tunes on the edge revolver or order a php hydra with custom tunes etc.

Common upgrades would be a modified valvebody for the transmission it will help a lot with preserving the transmission esp if its former rebuild or the original etc.

·
Hate stupid people
8,521 Posts
do you want "400hp" to be capable of using all 400 hp of it whenever you want to safely where you'll be fine to do anything and everything you want without fear of damage?

or to say your "400hp" just to say you are?
big and expensive difference

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you want "400hp" to be capable of using all 400 hp of it whenever you want to safely where you'll be fine to do anything and everything you want without fear of damage?

or to say your "400hp" just to say you are?
big and expensive difference
I could say that I have 400 horsepower at the rear wheels and no one would tell me different. I'm a 15 year old high school student. I want 400 horsepower to use it for towing and fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a manual, so I would think that I would be good up to 500 horsepower. I will however need to put in a new clutch and flywheel probably. Also, what's the difference between rebuilding my injectors than buying injectors that have been rebuilt. The place that rebuilds the injectors offers a stock rebuild for all 8 injectors for 550$. They offer a stage one injector rebuild that upgrade the injector from the factory 98cc to a 160cc injector. This upgrade is free of cost. So I could get both 98cc injectors or 160cc injectors for 550$. What I need to know is, do I do an overhaul and run 160cc injectors or do I just stay with the 98cc injectors?

·
Hate stupid people
8,521 Posts
400 hp:
160/30 injector
adrenaline or 17* hpop
upgraded RR fuel system
innercooler
clutch
custom tunes
T4 kit S364 turbo

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I have a manual, so I would think that I would be good up to 500 horsepower. I will however need to put in a new clutch and flywheel probably. Also, what's the difference between rebuilding my injectors than buying injectors that have been rebuilt. The place that rebuilds the injectors offers a stock rebuild for all 8 injectors for 550$. They offer a stage one injector rebuild that upgrade the injector from the factory 98cc to a 160cc injector. This upgrade is free of cost. So I could get both 98cc injectors or 160cc injectors for 550$. What I need to know is, do I do an overhaul and run 160cc injectors or do I just stay with the 98cc injectors?
If you do some research esp here. You'll notice VERY FEW shops can actually rebuild them to last more than a year... That is an insanely cheap price for something that can go wrong in a hurry if the shop used cheap ebay parts. I would call @[email protected] llc a very reputable vendor and see what his prices are for injectors that wont crap out on you in a year. Were only trying to help, steering you in the wrong direction will just cause you to come here asking for more help and cost you more money vs just getting a quality set from someone who will respond if ever in the event something goes wrong. I can easily get some injectors for my 1999 on ebay for 1/3rd the cost of say from full force or riffraff diesel but then im gonna be hurting in a hurry. Spend some time researching there is even one really popular company injector rebuilders inc or something that has an awesome looking website but sells total junk it could be call national injection or something too.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I agree, stay away from those cheap rebuilds. You will never come close to 400hp with rebuilt stock size AA injectors. I would get 160/30s from full force, custom tunes, and at least a turbo wheel upgrade, a KC turbo would be ideal. With that setup you’d have 400hp on a hot tune, but not a safe 400hp to tow with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,391 Posts
Moved Thread from '99-'03 Forum to '94-'98 Forum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you do some research esp here. You'll notice VERY FEW shops can actually rebuild them to last more than a year... That is an insanely cheap price for something that can go wrong in a hurry if the shop used cheap ebay parts. I would call @[email protected] llc a very reputable vendor and see what his prices are for injectors that wont crap out on you in a year. Were only trying to help, steering you in the wrong direction will just cause you to come here asking for more help and cost you more money vs just getting a quality set from someone who will respond if ever in the event something goes wrong. I can easily get some injectors for my 1999 on ebay for 1/3rd the cost of say from full force or riffraff diesel but then im gonna be hurting in a hurry. Spend some time researching there is even one really popular company injector rebuilders inc or something that has an awesome looking website but sells total junk it could be call national injection or something too.
Actually, I was mistaken. This place is called Rosewood Diesel. They are stationed at Chardon, Ohio. I called the guy at Rosewood Diesel, and we talked about my truck and what he recommended. I asked him what his prices were, and it turns out that the 550$ price was for a rebuild of all 8 injectors if they needed a light rebuild because they are in excellent shape. He told me that with code AA injectors, I was looking at around 1100$ for a total and complete rebuild like they most likely need. This is a much more reasonable price. However, I asked him what he thought about doing the upgrade, and he said he would absolutely do the 160cc upgrade because it is just a much better option especially if I want to build any more power in the future which I do. I asked to see what he thought about doing this on an engine with 312,000 miles, and he said that if I really wanted to know if this would hurt the engine, I should do a compression check.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Rosewood is top of the line for 7.3 injectors, right up there with Full Force.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rosewood is top of the line for 7.3 injectors, right up there with Full Force.
That's good to know. The man sounded like he knew what he was talking about and he was patient with me as I had a million questions for him. I will probably end up doing business with Rosewood Diesel once I come up with 1100$. Have you done business with Rosewood? Also, you're a good man for supporting the American and Confederate flag.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
That's good to know. The man sounded like he knew what he was talking about and he was patient with me as I had a million questions for him. I will probably end up doing business with Rosewood Diesel once I come up with 1100$. Have you done business with Rosewood? Also, you're a good man for supporting the American and Confederate flag.
When I was looking at injectors I had it narrowed down to Rosewood and Full Force Diesel, based on reviews and other peoples experience, I decided to go with Full Force since they offered custom tunes with an injector purchase, and I didn't have to pay sales tax since they were out of state, but that law has changed now. I am happy with my Full Force injectors but If I were to buy injectors again I would try Rosewood. Both companies have been in business for a long time and have great customer service.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Not to take away from Rosewood as they are a good brand, but I would recommend getting full force injectors through Jelibuilt Performance. Get a Hydra chip at the same time. The reason I say this is Jelibuilt sends you 6 custom bigger injector tunes ($225) value for free if you order injectors through him.

I paid $1350 for 160/30s and $300 for a Hydra with custom tunes. A jelibuilt tuned hydra is normally $525 for modified injectors

Not saying you have to go this route but remember you NEED custom tuning to take advantage of larger injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,887 Posts
We are also a dealer for Brian at Jelibuilt.

Jim Rose at Rosewood is great to deal with. He came with us to UCC last year and we helped him out alot on getting his name out there more so. He's a good guy to deal with, and he is also one of our dealers. If you have any questions on your build, feel free to call us tomorrow at the shop. 419-980-5371

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 160/30s from rosewood and i havent had 1 issue in 5 years. They doubled my mpg over my worn out stock ones and Jim is a great guy to deal with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts