Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stumped. I bought this truck not running, it shut off the day I was coming to see it. It's a 1995 auto with 141k miles. I put a new CPS in it and it fired right up and ran amazing for 30 seconds. I shut it down because the oil pressure was 0... I forgot to plug in the oil pressure sensor wire after I checked the HPOP level. I plugged it in and went to start it up and just crank absolutely nothing no smoke from exhaust not even an attempt to start. Wait to start light works, RPM comes up while cranking, I have good fuel pressure. I tried with CPS unplugged and nothing. Yes I tried unplugging the oil pressure wire again. I put it on a scanner and I had 3000psi at the ICP and my IPR % was 55. Ok so bad IPR, I changed the IPR and absolutely no change. I did bump it with ether and it fires instantly. She is ready to run but the injectors absolutely will not fire. According to previous owner Injectors are a year old and so is HPOP. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You don't have a fuel tank that reads over full do you? Have you removed the fuel bowl top and made sure that it is full of fuel? The fact that it works with ether tells me it is a fuel problem...possible the fuel tank selector valve on the frame is stuck midway open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got my crank no start to run with a new IDM but now it has a dead miss on #1. I swapped #1 and #3 places, pulled the glow plugs and turned it over to blow the oil out, then started it. I was watching it on the scanner, ICP had to build pressure then it fired right up. It puffed a big blue cloud and of course #1 is still a dead missfire with no oil coming from the injector. Now my turbo is dripping oil from the clamp where the down pipe connects. I have driven the truck and it never dripped before and spools good. I'm so lost and I have no idea what to do!

·
Premium Member
9,415 Posts
between the IDM and the Injector you have both the wiring that can chafe on its way, and the UVCH connection that can have corroded/burnt pins in it. You want to be sure all that's in good shape ;)

And finally, if you know you had some oil purged and burnt coming from swapping injectors, then I wouldn't be surprised to find a temporary sign of it at the downpipe clamp...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.