Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New here, and I'm about to purchase a 1994 Powerstroke F350 Single cab 4x4 with the 5spd zf5. Has 130000 miles and minor surface rust (it was an alaska truck before it was in texas) Only issue known to it is that the reverse syncro is going out so sometimes the truck has to be rolling forward to get it into reverse. Just wondering about anything I should look out for in these early powerstrokes. It seems solid, no knocks no ticks nothing. Runs SOLID. And the price is right at 5k.
Thanks for any input

Connor

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
just check the usual blowby, turbo play, fluid leaks etc. and being a 94 make sure you know which motor it has there were 3 options in that year idi, turbo idi and powerstroke

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just check the usual blowby, turbo play, fluid leaks etc. and being a 94 make sure you know which motor it has there were 3 options in that year idi, turbo idi and powerstroke
Right, I know the motor is the DI powerstroke, no blowby, nothing bad I could see. Seems solid but the seller is a little sketchy with getting the out of state title. Been waiting for it almost 3 weeks now

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
No title, no sale. Simple as that. Dont play those games, take it from me. And make sure the titles been properly procured before transfer of payment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No title, no sale. Simple as that. Dont play those games, take it from me. And make sure the titles been properly procured before transfer of payment.
Yeah, that's what I told the seller. He says that he's waiting for it in the mail, but it seems to be taking a little longer than expected. I'm holding off until I have my hands on a clear blue title

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i know when i bought my truck from the dealership it took the state almost 4 months to get my title to me

·
Registered
15 Posts
to make a correction there were four engine choices the idi and idi with a turbo then you could get between january and june of 1994 the "turbodiesel" which is not an idi but does not bear the powerstoke name anywhere on the truck

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
the turbodiesel you speak of is the PSD. they were just using the "turbo diesel" badges until they ran out. I know i have one

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
4/94 it had turbo diesel badges and powerstroke badges

1 - 11 of 11 Posts