Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a 1989 Chevy 2500 6.2 diesel, 4 speed with granny gear, 4x4. It has 306k miles on it and is a little beat up. It does run, 4x4 does work, but I think it needs a slave cylinder. I drove it around on 2-12 at work. Had to use the 4x4 to get out of the ice patch it is sitting in.

It doesn't want to go in gear once its warmed up. It may just be low on tranny fluid, I never looked. Bought the truck from a buddy who has a baby on the way and I don't have any room for it at the house so it has to go.

Looking to get 400 out of the truck and it does have the title.

Thanks
BIll

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I would buy it right now if I could figure out how to get it here. Let me do some checking because I need that motor and trans.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent you the pics just now!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Email has been sent to high school powerstroker and email of pics are on their way to coalroller68.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm honestly not sure. Probably around 100 bucks? I never bothered to check on it. It may not even be bad. I asked my dad about it since he's a mechanic and he said it could just be low on oil. I got 2 projects on my hands currently so I have no room for another one as it is.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics have been sent.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I am still interested, we are just trying to figure out how to ship it without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha alright. There is a local guy wanting it this friday so if he don't take it, you are next in line. So go ahead and figured everything up. If you need the address of where the truck is at, just text me and I can get it for you.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Will do. A friend of mine wants to know if he can just buy the engine and trans from ya.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't really part it out since its not exactly sitting on my property lol. And I need this gone quick.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I understand that.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
pics [email protected] i need that motor for my 53 3600, to my understanding it is the same block/ mounting holes as a sbc??

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts