Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes nothing. I have a 1979 f250 and bought a 2003 f350 and going to marry them together to one truck. Plan is to keep the original dash of the 79, but have a/c. Both trucks are automatic trans and manual transfer case. I will try to keep this updated as the project progresses. First order of business is to get the swap to fit and running, then it will be all tore down, motor will be studded, air dog pump, colt cam, of stage 2 turbo, bigger injectors and O-dawg manifold. Any tips and tricks along the way feel free to shoot them my way. The wheelbases are 4” different, I haven’t gotten to address that yet, but front frame horns on the superduty will have to be cut to use the 79 bumper.

on to the pics

Reactions: jman37

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Love me a clean dentside. Always have wanted one. Should be a sweet build.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still working on getting the motor out, trying to save the wiring harness, so I’m not cutting anything. Quick question. I won’t be running this in the winter so I want to remove the block heater. Anyone have a source of a plug or know what thread it is so I can remove it? If not I might just unplug it, but removing it would make me feel better inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
Still working on getting the motor out, trying to save the wiring harness, so I’m not cutting anything. Quick question. I won’t be running this in the winter so I want to remove the block heater. Anyone have a source of a plug or know what thread it is so I can remove it? If not I might just unplug it, but removing it would make me feel better inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts