Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay if i get a 18k module from dfuser will it actually give me truck 85 horse with out injectors??

are any of you guys running this

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have the dfuser 18k module, for the 50 bucks it is worth it, don't know what year truck you drive but with my 97 psd it really makes a differnce. don't know about the 80 horses.

·
Registered
254 Posts
better get some gauges before you get one it can make things run hot real quick

·
Registered
94 Posts
The BEST 50 bucks I have ever spent on my truck! I cant verify the 80HP but I can tell you - starts easier, better mileage (if it is in lowest setting and I am being good from light to light...), quicker throttle response and before the 18K nothing moved form my dash....with 18K turned all the way up everything flies off of the dash onto the floor! I love mine.:thumb:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would definitely get the 18k mod I have it on my truck and it makes a big difference for such a low price. helps with gas mileage too

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I would go with the 10k resistor for a dollar if your going to do something like that It wont adjust but its only a dollar

·
Registered
507 Posts
i know what the 18k mod is, whats going on with the 'dfuser' part u all r talkin about?

·
Registered
507 Posts
got ya, Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
i feel stupid asking this, but what is a 18k mod. i probably know but just am not getting it or something.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Its a chip that you can stack on another chip I have it stacked with my ts and you basically just tap into the black ICP wire and it increases the oil pressure to the injectors

·
Registered
223 Posts
really? that sounds interesting. I have a ts chip and i would like to get soemthng like that. Where do i even look for one. Ive been looking at the edge ez for the longest time to stack on top of my ts, thats also 300 dollars tho. Would i be better off with this 18k mod.

·
Registered
466 Posts
im also interested in this mod. i already have a ts 6 pos chip and the fpr shim. can this mod be stacked and what does this mod actually do and what are the benifits

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Yes you can definitely stack it with the TS chip that is the setup I have. The site I got mine from is Dfuser.com Heres the link DFUSER Diesel Performance Products Exhaust High Performance Part Diesel Intake Diesel Power Chips just scroll down and you will find it. They claim an increase of 85hp and it is equipped with a dial to adjust the power and also claims an increase of 5 mpg. not sure how accurate it is on that but I definitely saw an increase in power and gas mileage. I would definitely reccommend purchasing it.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
really? that sounds interesting. I have a ts chip and i would like to get soemthng like that. Where do i even look for one. Ive been looking at the edge ez for the longest time to stack on top of my ts, thats also 300 dollars tho. Would i be better off with this 18k mod.
The Edge EZ is pretty much an expensive 18k mod actually

·
Registered
223 Posts
well if i were to buuy one from that site, which one would it be. They all pretty much say the smae thing but some say there are 59 dollars and the others range to 119 dollars.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I am guessing from your username that you have a 97 so you would have to get the 18k+ becuase the steroid t module and the x module are only for the 99-03

·
Registered
223 Posts
awesome thanks for the help. also this is off teh subject but if i get diy stage 1's do i have to get a 17* pump, because i thought i read soemhwere that someone said you did.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
No problem and from what I have heard it isnt crucial to upgrade the pump but it helps, but you can run them without upgrading it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts