Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of info on the 17* HPOP mod, I have read through quite a bit and not found what I am looking for.

I plan on doing stage 1's and a TW. Not any time soon but it is in the plans - I have a few other mods I am currently working on right now.

Would there be any benifit in upgrading the HPOP if I do not go to stage 2's?

I ask because I have my truck in the shop right now and if I have to replace the stock HPOP should I get the 17* or would it not make any difference.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think that if you are planning those mods then a 17* is the way to go.
You leave yourself more options on the tuning when the high pressure oil is not an issue, and open the door to other injectors as well.
I am heading down a path much like yours.
I've installed the IC and a D-66 turbo.
Next comes a PHP chip, then oil, then injectors, and fresh tunes.
To my way of thinking there is no reason to replace a 15* with another 15*

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yes if you plan on adding more fuel then i highly suggest that you get a 17* hpop. I have stage 1's and the new hpop works really well. if you go with stage 2's i would also suggest to get a modded 17* or even a adrenaline pump so you never have to worry about not having enough oil. On our trucks the hpop can really make a difference in how much power your truck will make.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would also suggest to get a modded 17* or even a adrenaline pump so you never have to worry about not having enough oil. On our trucks the hpop can really make a difference in how much power your truck will make.

What is a modded 17*? Is it something that I do to the 17* after I buy it, a kit, ??

With a 17* installed will I see any changes or is it something that is required if a lot of mods are added?

Thanks for all the input. I hate that someone is working on my truck right now but I didn't really have a choice. I have no time to invetigate myself.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a used '02 HPOP if your looking..$275 delivered.

cary
Thank you Cary. I hope to soon have a verdict and I will PM you once I know what my issue is.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If you want a 15* hpop like whats on it you can have mine off my truck! My truck is dead and cant get it running right now so you can have mine if you need it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts