Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to install the 17* hpop on my ealry 99. How hard is this? Im a little confused about it what exactly do I have to take off. Someone told me that I dont have to remove the fuel bowl

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did mine not to long ago. It is not to hard of a job if you have some mechanical ability. Took me about 2 hours. Bring it down to Texas and I will give you a hand!!!!

Go to dieselsite and they have some good directions that you can download and really help you out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it in my brother broke the part on the fuel bowl so we have to go to international tomorrow and hope they have it

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thats good glad you got it in. What pump did you go with?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a used 17* off a 2000 with 96k on it. Mines an early 99 so I have the 15*

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ok im going to install the 17* hpop on my ealry 99. How hard is this? Im a little confused about it what exactly do I have to take off. Someone told me that I dont have to remove the fuel bowl
let me know if you notice any differance:thumb:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Got it in my brother broke the part on the fuel bowl so we have to go to international tomorrow and hope they have it
Time for the fuel bowl delete!!! What part did you break... those fuel bowls are expensive to replace!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
let me know if you notice any differance:thumb:
Absolutely

Broke the part on the top driver side right here. My brother over tightened it and it snapped. So if we can find the part hes gotta cut the fuel line and reflare it. Im sure international can get it but they arent open till tuesday

·
Registered
28 Posts
i broke the same fitting when i upgraded my hpop. ford actually had it that time.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i broke the same fitting when i upgraded my hpop. ford actually had it that time.

Yea the Ford dealers here dont usually stock 7.3 parts. Dont need them much. Did it come just the fitting or with the nut and everything? Otherwise I gotta go the menards too...

·
Registered
28 Posts
it just comes with the cap. i got lucky and got the broken end out of the fuel line with a flat head and some luck. what when you remove the cap off the fuel filter, there is a spring in there. diesel site sell an upgrade spring that is supposed to raise the fuel pressure. i did it on mine, but i still have another issue with low power. i was hoping it was a weak spring, but for $20, i really wasnt worried about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts