Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what a pickup bed on a '16 F-250 CCSB would weigh (with tailgate)? I am replacing it with an aluminum flatbed which weighs 338lbs and I don't want to lose any payload (hoping I gain a few lbs of payload, in fact). Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,229 Posts
Depends on the flatbed. I'm pretty sure you are close to the OE bed weight.

BTW you have a F250, you are already at a loss in payload regardless of the OE bed weight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the flatbed. I'm pretty sure you are close to the OE bed weight.

BTW you have a F250, you are already at a loss in payload regardless of the OE bed weight.
Thanks! I am painfully aware of the minuscule payload on the 3/4 ton diesels :( - this is why every pound counts.

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
You could always throw the truck bed on the flatbed and hit the scale then hit the scale again once you remove the truck bed off your flatbed hit the scale again. Would be easy depending on how close the scale you live lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could always throw the truck bed on the flatbed and hit the scale then hit the scale again once you remove the truck bed off your flatbed hit the scale again. Would be easy depending on how close the scale you live lol.
I was hoping to know the factory pickup bed weight BEFORE I buy the aluminum. The short flatbed from Aluma is 225lbs. I was hoping the factory pickup bed would be at least a 100-200 lbs heavier so I gain some actual payload ;)

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
In all honesty are you really worried about anything +/- 500lbs? Got DOT watching you closely or something? Never minded weight much unless I had it on good authority DOT was feeling OCD granted we run 150k/lb plus most of the time on our big boys and the dumps are super heavy too lol. Even our DRW and single truck stay under 26k easily enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In all honesty are you really worried about anything +/- 500lbs? Got DOT watching you closely or something? Never minded weight much unless I had it on good authority DOT was feeling OCD granted we run 150k/lb plus most of the time on our big boys and the dumps are super heavy too lol. Even our DRW and single truck stay under 26k easily enough.
No not really but I do have a 3/4 ton diesel with a 2169 lbs payload sticker (which I find s*itty). I took the truck to the scales after installing a replacement 50 gal Titan and it weighs 3280lbs on the rear axle. My RAWR is 6100lbs so I feel comfortable putting about 2800 lbs on the bed. If I could gain a 100-200 lbs, I would be even happier. The flatbed is needed for my farm but the extra weight loss would be nice as well ;)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Man I would hate to farm where you are if you are actually worrying about your numbers.

Reactions: Hydro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man I would hate to farm where you are if you are actually worrying about your numbers.
I don't only use the truck for farming, I have horses and am looking into buying a new living quarters horse trailer. I have to have some idea of what GVWR to look at on the trailers. When you have these measly payloads, every pound counts, I guess.

·
Premium Member
11,229 Posts
I was hoping to know the factory pickup bed weight BEFORE I buy the aluminum. The short flatbed from Aluma is 225lbs. I was hoping the factory pickup bed would be at least a 100-200 lbs heavier so I gain some actual payload ;)
While I've never scaled the bed off a pickup, I doubt it's 300-400+ lbs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On a DRW truck.....just sayin'
Well, a dealer approached me on Friday and bought my truck for stupid money, just $6k less than what I paid for it brand new back in 2016. Now I am going to take my time and find a DRW with a nice flatbed. Yes, it may be 2023 before I see one, I know... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts