Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
The larger nozzle theory has pretty much been put to bed on achieving good streetable power. Except for a very light truck with a high stall converter, 75% nozzles are going to be dirty most of the time. My 50s were not bad at all with minor fuel pulled with both a normal and higher stall converter (PIs first mistake 2,600 stall), but with my new replacement from PI that is set incorrectly again (about 1,300rpm stall), I haze all the time when getting up to speed. I suspect with a smaller turbo it would be better, but with 30% over nozzles it would again be much cleaner. The more modest turbo would play a big part in the equation for both the smokiness and temperature under load when towing, even with the stall being way to low.

I really doubt the temps would be lower than normal (not that it would be a concern regardless) with more fuel at a lower PW; but we all should realize that if you have too much fuel and not enough air, it will be dirty. The turbo really is the key to clean running and lowering the temps for a given PW and fuel available. Temperature will always remain a function of load and to a lesser degree, the stoichiometric chemistry of the burn.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Good points guys, I always learn something on here. I just post on my observation and experience, but I acknowledge my knowledge of these things is limited. What I have learned this week is how to change your tranny lol, that's been fun a little insight to my month!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hay I'm going 190/30 I'm my build. I think it's easier to think 190cc injector will hold power at higher RPMs, the +30% is how much more power it can handle.

More fuel, more air. Upgrade your turbo you need more fuel. You can upgrade your injector and be more likely to make more power later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i was wandering if I put 155/30 injectors in my truck with stock head studs would I be okay running it I got a tuner on it but it stays in 75 tow some times I put in 120 tune but not a lot it’s got the EGR Delete done to it that is about it

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
You will need to get custom tunes for the larger injectors. If you are going to stay on stock head bolts for a while then I would just make sure the tuner knows that and turns down the power

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay so the tuner I got now won’t work with the bigger injectors the tuner I got is a 75 tow an 120 an a 140 tune

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
That is correctly. You will need to make sure you get an SCT device and order custom tunes.

Your current tuner might work ok... but will likely have idling issues and not run great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay do I email them to get the tunes the guy that put it on there give me an sct box an he said he changed them up a little bit like rote them better or some crap like that but the Monitor is a bama Performance I don’t know he probably sold me something that is junk sorry for all the questions I don’t know much about a tuner

·
Premium Member
11,686 Posts
Post a pic of what you have.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
Okay do I email them to get the tunes the guy that put it on there give me an sct box an he said he changed them up a little bit like rote them better or some crap like that but the Monitor is a bama Performance I don’t know he probably sold me something that is junk sorry for all the questions I don’t know much about a tuner
Yep, just send over an email and they will get you taken care of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
He give me an SCT box I want 155-30% I did not know if I be okay with stock heads i pull a gooseneck trailer I got mountains I pull up a lot did not know if that be to much the 155

21 - 33 of 33 Posts