Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outlaw Diesel Performance :: Online Store

"7.3 Outlaw PowerStroke High Performance P-Pump Motor. Yes, thats Right,P-Pump 7.3 Power Stroke. this motor is good for one thing.Kicking *ss and taking names. this motor has custom heads.that do away with the heui Injectors. and we replace it with 12 valve cummins injectors.roller rockers,fire rings,chromoly pushrods.thats the heads. the short block: crank,Billet rods,fly cut coated custom pistons,Custom piston rings,coated Bearings main and rods ,H-11 head studs,mechanical roller lifters,high rev 145psi valve springs,stage 3 cam, CNC front cover.stage 3 P-Pump,custom intake manifold,HD Girdle, and much much more.this motor will make 1500+HP. Please give us a call about this custom P-Pump Motor. COST FOR MOTOR IS $65.000 US."

Been meaning to post this. So if this motor can make the power they say it can why isn't there a 7.3 out there even making 1,000hp? Or have I just not heard about it? Either way I sure would like to drop this engine under my hood :headbang1:

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
pretty darn proud of the motor arent they?? i bet they never sell it for that price...

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
is this for real? cause i want one.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stage 1 and 2 engines seem reasonably priced but doesn't give hp or tq estimates....not that I could buy 1 even if they did but still....ya kno?

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Ben Miller's Double Overtime Superstock class puller is at 1500 hp or more. Couple of years ago, based on the fuel pump setting at the end of the season, they were estimating about 1700. That truck has been changed some since. I know it's been on the engine dyno, but haven't seen the sheets, and very few people are likely to.

Billy Zimmer in Illinois has an engine very simalar to the one in question in his pulling truck. I don't know that it's ever been on the dyno, and have also never heard of a estimated number from that camp. Considering the competition that he competes against, and the fact that he is restricted to a 3" inducer turbocharger, I would say that it is in the 1300 hp range.

Just for a price comparison, a twin to Miller's engine would cost you 6 figures. Word was that the price tag on it when completed was somewhere in the $150,000 range.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Ben Miller's Double Overtime Superstock class puller is at 1500 hp or more. Couple of years ago, based on the fuel pump setting at the end of the season, they were estimating about 1700. That truck has been changed some since. I know it's been on the engine dyno, but haven't seen the sheets, and very few people are likely to.

Billy Zimmer in Illinois has an engine very simalar to the one in question in his pulling truck. I don't know that it's ever been on the dyno, and have also never heard of a estimated number from that camp. Considering the competition that he competes against, and the fact that he is restricted to a 3" inducer turbocharger, I would say that it is in the 1300 hp range.

Just for a price comparison, a twin to Miller's engine would cost you 6 figures. Word was that the price tag on it when completed was somewhere in the $150,000 range.
I bet the smile is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts

I bet the smile is well worth it.
That's a truck I'd love to take a trip down the pulling track in.... and I don't say that often about anything that isn't my own!!!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Thats not a power stroke. The fact that its p-pumped and not HEUI injected to me means its not a power stroke.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Thats not a power stroke. The fact that its p-pumped and not HEUI injected to me means its not a power stroke.
maybe so but it doesnt not make it a bad *** engine, i personally think the powerstroke should have came with an 8cyl p pump

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
^^^^^^^^ i agree........p-pump is the way to go.........

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
maybe so but it doesnt not make it a bad *** engine, i personally think the powerstroke should have came with an 8cyl p pump
I never said it was not a badazz engine, it clearly is. I totally agree about coming with common rail and a p-pump.

I was only saying that it should not be called a power stroke.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Aw, come on....

You are kinda nitpicking here, aren't you??

The Dodge trucks at the same level have Sigma pumps, and up to 3 turbochargers, not to mention highly modified, or different injectors. Yeah, it's still a Cummins engine. The biggest different is that Dodge never put a "in house" name on that engine, like Ford did the with Powerstroke.

Navistar calls that same engine a T444E. When it goes in a Ford truck, it gets a different electronics package, and different tuning.

It's the same engine block, crank, heads, etc.... the injection system has been changed, and the heads modified to allow that. OK.. so Ford chose a name for that engine based on the injection system... big deal. It's a Navistar engine with a Caterpilar designed injection system. You gotta call it something, and for me "Powerstroke" works as well as anything.

Just thought of this... so it's getting an edit:

Using the reasoning that not having heui injection means that engine isn't a powerstroke, then the 6.4 isn't a powerstroke either. :dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm calling shinanigans, I want to see a dyno sheet or it stands as false.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Without knowing specific details of the components, it's hard to say what kind of hp that particular engine will produce.

The right types of components are there to reach the hp levels they are advertising, but that doesn't mean that those components are properly modified or fitted together to actually do it.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
In that case a 6.4 isn't a Power Stroke. 6.4 is common rail.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts