Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the IDM mod using the 120 from the superduties and put in the 75.0 resistor?
If so wouldn't it be close to 150-160 volts :dunno:? Is this too much for the IDM :confused:? Would it burnout the computer or run bad or too quick?

If this does work it should give great throttle response, building boost alot quicker. I'm really curious to see if its been done on purpose with good results or by mistake and finding out that it works well!
Mark

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump:
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I was told that the IDM mod is a waste of time if you got a chip.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The IDM mod is not a waste of time, no matter what IDM you have, there will always be a gain. It triggers the injectors faster than a stock IDM.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The IDM mod is not a waste of time, no matter what IDM you have, there will always be a gain. It triggers the injectors faster than a stock IDM.
I'll second that. The IDM was by far the cheapest mod I've done to my truck and it's greatly noticeable. No question, the IDM mod is definetly worth doing to your truck.

·
Registered
386 Posts
can someone tell me where to find a schematic to do this mod

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Well in that case I'm gonna do it, I've had the resistors for a while now but heard it wouldn't help. I got the instructions with pictures printed out at home.
Here is the link peppy
IDM Mod

I don't think I'd try to go any higher with the voltage than the standard mod
does though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
how can you tell if your idm is bad? will it still run? i seem to have lost alot of power and i have tested the motor with a scan tool i did the hutch mod to my fuel tank and added a small lift pump before my frame mounted filter and high pressure pump. it seems like my truck just is not getting the fuel it needs to make big hp. with my powerpup on the high setting it does not smoke and pulling a trailer up a hill last night my pyro only climbed to 800

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
As far as I know when an IDM goes bad the truck will not run.

When you say you tested the truck with a scan tool do you mean you watched all the inputs and outputs and everything was fine?

Was the signal from the pedal right at WOT, what was the max average ICP pressure at WOT, What did the map sensor say the boost pressure was at WOT, injector pulse width good, etc etc. Was all that stuff happy?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Registered
403 Posts
does this mod reduce the life of the IDM or injectors? Also it talks about the mod improves the throttle response. I have a TS chip..on stock settings the response is slow. As soon as I switch it to 50/75/100/140 modes the throttle is snappy and sensitive. If I do this mod along with the chip is it going to make a difference since the modes already make my throttle response better then stock?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
makaveli, I just did this mod and with my superchip, it did make a very slight difference. I just did the standard upgrade though, didn't want to risk running it any hotter. Truck dumps more smoke and tends to break the tires loose easier (can't feel much as far as SOTP however).

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I'm guessing if the truck was programmed to use it (if possible), it would be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts