Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try swapping pcm on this swap to a 15 /16 pcm I went over the wiring diagrams and they are very close 15 having the engine brake wire no wastegate regulating valve and no fuel delivery switch on the fuel rail, this should plug in? I haven’t tried was just thinking when I go to do a retro swap on stock emissions would putting the 15 pcm work out better having the mapping for the turbo and no wastegate check engine light, would have to look at rails from 11-14 and 15+ to see if that fuel delivery switch is present

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,317 Posts
Theres more to the 2015/16 trucks. Its not just a different turbo. No point in swapping pcm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the 11-14 engine performance wiring diagrams and the 15-16 there’s very little difference between the pcm’s wiring for the engine harness side and dpf side

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,317 Posts
Yup. But theres difference. Especially on a stock truck.

The turbos are different (not a hang up). Theres more sensors on a 15+, the hpfp is different, trans is slightly different (not a hang up), tuning is different, and so on and so forth.

Swapping pcm will get you a cel nothing more, nothing less.

Just get good tuning.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Point me in the right direction for good tuning, I’m aware of the major changes

I’ve got an 2011 I’ll be doing 2015 hpfp and turbo was just hoping I could get it to run on a stock 15/16 pcm, trans tuning is on a the TCM is it not? The 15/16 wiring shows two less sensors on the motor than the 11 so it wound be looking for them

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,317 Posts
On a stock truck, i rec DP tuner.

Off the top of my head there is an egr egt sensor on 15+ and trans tuning is different (more HP and the trans had less clutches or something like that).

Does the wiring even land on the same spots for the ecm harness?

2013 saw an intereior redesign as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I printed off an 2011 engine performance diagram and a 2016, both 7 pages all the sensors went to the exact same pin locations, the 11 had a fuel delivery switch witch was located on the rail and the 15 did not, also no wastegate wires at the plug, and the addition of the engine brake switch wire, other that that there were pretty much identical, the 17 was close but had a lot more difference, some sensors went from 3 wire on 11-16 to a 4 wire on 17

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,317 Posts
I cant give you a definate yes or no but indont think it will and for the cost and trouble, it be easier getting a custom tune wrote.

I saw nothing but improvements with DP tuner (stay away from 5 star). There are others with praise but ill ive tried is 5 star and dp tuner.

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
Use whatever PCM you want....you still need the tuning to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts