Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am looking for a cable with power when the ignition is on and the motor is running close to the headlights.
I want to install daylight running headlights, but do not want add them to the regular headlights or parking lights. Maybe someone can help me with the color of a cable that got power.
Thanks a lot for your help. :wink[3]:
Ingo

·
Registered
361 Posts
Power Sources Red w/ yellow trace behind the under dash panel, ground to any of the grounds to the right :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick answer bigwhite6oh. I forgot to tell you that it is a F250 Modell 2005. I just cant find the red wire with yellow trace. It is not there at all. Any other idea?

·
Registered
361 Posts
it should be right in there...more close to the 2nd arrow in that diagram if anything. the arrow #1 is pointing to their tapped connector, but the wire should be just down behind that yellow wire cover. im not the most help on wiring if it isnt right where i would expect it, but if you still cant find it heres a :bump: for ya. good luck:icon_ford:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Red with light green tracer in the ignition harness under the steering column.

Whichever wire you tap into for power, you need to make sure it can supply enough current for your daytime running lamps. You will probably need to add a relay.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thats where I taped in rear the ignition Switch with a relay, that created a power source for Key on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts